+ Reply to Thread
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Is this normal????

I'm 5+5 with my 3rd. I have 2 prev csections, and small babies. And 1 breach. The prev times im pretty sure I went to gp said I'm preg then got the bloods done and then got referred to the hospital. This time the doctor said come back in a month an we will refer you... I havnt had any dating scans just the blood tests to say I am and my estimate on how far along and the tests for stds... I just don't feel right about I like knowing what's going on, and nothing is going on... Should I go to a dif gp all together and start again or just wait it out for the month and go insane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you want that stuff done, then you should try another doctor.

I didn't worry about a blood test or a dating scan, as I got several positive HPTs, had morning sickness from 5.5 weeks and was 100% on my dates, so it would have been a waste of time.

(i did get the full bloods done to test my levels of everything at some time before 10 weeks though)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (27-06-2012)

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine have all been CSs and with my first two I had the antenatal BT when I went to confirm the pregnancies with my GP. He was happy with my FRER HPTs so left it at that. And I only had the 20 morph scan with both of them. I was happy with that.

Third time was with a different GP (had moved town), antenatal BT and I had a dating scan (after secondary infertility issues) and 12wk nuchal scan because of my age. Usual 20wk morph scan but things when off track with several growth scans needed and an early CS booked.

This time was under a FS and my original GP, after three MC/MMCs. Numerous HCG BTs, dating scan, nuchal scan, in office scans and morph scan booked. So a lot more monitoring and a lot more worry.

If I could go back to the way my first two pregnacies were I would in a HB. I wouldn't wish constant scanning., BTs and appointments on anyone.

If you feel so strongly about having those scans and such either ask your GP specifically or see another GP.

Best of luck with your pregnancy.

Sam

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-SammiAnn For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my pregnancy I didn't have any blood tests (I had the std check a month before conceiving ) and didn't have a dating scan though I ended up with a scan at 7 weeks due to spotting. Also didnt get my OB referral until 12 weeks (though i booked an appointment at about 5 weeks) and didn't book into the hospital until about 12-13 weeks. So to me it seems normal.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SammiAnn View Post
    If you feel so strongly about having those scans and such either ask your GP specifically or see another GP.

Best of luck with your pregnancy.

Sam
    I agree with Sam - if it's your regular GP maybe go back and tell them you want it done or if it's not, go and find another one that will do it for you.
    Good luck! I'm sure everything is going perfectly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first bub was very small and a few weeks early so this time round I was/am very nervous. I am doing shared care so I see an OB and he understands my fears and will refer me for a series of scans from 28 weeks to check bubs size etc. Are you planning on seeing an OB? I would! If your GP is not giving you the tests etc you want then go to a different GP- I wouldn't not have a dating scan after m/c before, its reassuring to see the heartbeat. good luck.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulmama2b For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (27-06-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have another doc appt on friday with a dif doc (same clinic) I saw him to get the tests done. So I will see what he says thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can't get first scan til 6 weeks. Your doctor can refer you for that then a 12 week scan wit more Bloods then you can the card and stuff to book in to hospital. Due to my problems previously I got my doctor to get my Bloods done twice so I knew all was ok then refer me to a gyno. He did my 6 week scan in his office and has refered me for my 12 week scan at end of July but all to do til then is wait. Once that scan is done I go see gyno again where he gives me results and yellow card then I will book into hospital You need to tell your doctor what you want. Cos you can get a scan at 6 weeks!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 3soon2be For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not all doctors send you for a dating/viability scan, the only reason mine did was because I had a miscarriage last year otherwise she wouldn't have sent me for one.