+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We love our Bumbo too. I don't think it meant to be a chair to restraint bbs so it should be used under supervision. DD had bad acid reflux n this was a life-saver for us so that she can be prop up for a short while after feed. We never walk away from her when she is in it. It is just a devise to help BB to sit; not sometime to keep them in securely. DD learnt to sit on her own very soon n dislike it. But I know it's $50 well spent with her medical condition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love our Bumbo. My DD is now 11 months old and eats her lunch in it using the tray you can attach pretty much every day. I love using it for finger food as its easy to clean and I just put a plastic mat underneath it. I didn't use it much as a place just for her to sit as I found she didn't like to just sit in it and I would never leave the room with her in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also wanted to add, it all depends on the child. The friend who i borrowed one off had her son using it with the tray for meals still at 14mths old whereas as i said by the 3rd use my DD had worked out how to get out and wasnt happy to sit in it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just bought one from gum tree for my ds. Physio recommended it for him as he favors one side of his head so once he can hold his head up by himself he can sit in it and be able to move his head freely without it being/pressing on one spot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    DD is a 'back archer' so she arches her back & gets stuck! I've hardly used it.
    OT, how old is ur bub? I just took dd of 8mths to a homeopath cause of a flu and she noticed her back arching, she said its reflux, the lady gave me a remedy and dd3 has stopped arching!!

On the bumbo- I've heard not to use before 5m, we love ours, but a friend couldn't fit her bub in ours cause of fat chubby thighs, I have small babies and wonder if other ppl have this problem. Great for dinner time, going out to dinner, in the shower, beach, picnics..

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one second hand (tray included) from a friend for $30. DD is almost 5 months and is just starting to use it. I think it will be great as a portable high chair. I think the only way it would be harmful is if you left them in it for extended periods of time, but then again i'm no doctor!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We used ours from about 5 months (when it was given to us) until dd was probably 10 months. We used it as a highchair mostly, it was so easy to wipe down! Also great for 'painting' when using with the tray, and for taking as a portable highchair out and while travelling. I would only use it on the table if we were sitting there with her though. Also used it in the bottom of the shower a fair bit, even though it says it's not supposed to be used for that... DD2 is 4 months and not quite sitting by herself yet, but I sit her in it occasionally for just 5 minutes or so at a time and she loves to look around and see what's going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I borrowed one from a friend for DD - but her little chubba legs were too fat and got stuck. (DD that is - not my friend!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got one given to me at my baby shower.. 4mo DD spends roughly an 30-40mins in it a day (5-10mins at a time). She sits in it when I hang out the washing, cook dinner, eat lunch etc.

I love it!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son didn't like as he had 2 bend his waist & sit!.. He has been very
    strong on his leg so he wants 2 stand!.. But I think they r great when he did sit it supported his back & neck! Also u can use it @ the beach & sit baby in the water!