+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bumbo

Hi,

I cannot decide if I should get a Bumbo, does anyone know of any research or evidence that suggests they may not be good for baby?

Thanks for any replies

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Never heard of any pro/neg research.
    But I do know that I've seen a couple of instances where I think DD *could've* fallen if she'd reached further so I wouldn't use them up high or without constant supervision.

I use it sparingly and mainly when I need to do something with both my hands at that instant.

It was a hand me down - but I believe some are on sale at the moment with the toy sales.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I borrowed one for DD2 and was glad it was 'borrowed' as by the 3rd time i put her in it she learnt to push her belly forwards and pop herself out of it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Nicki77  (27-06-2012)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD is a 'back archer' so she arches her back & gets stuck! I've hardly used it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only got a couple of months of use out of our bumbo before DS could tip himself over. We used it alot in that time though so it was definately a worthwhile purchase for us! If you know someone who can lend you theirs even better though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much I didn't even know it was possible for them to tip them over.... I was initially concerned with sitting bubs up to early and it potentionally be bad for back/hips. What age is baby when people start to use them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We put DS in it when he could support his head quite well. I think around 3 months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't link to any specific research, but I have read that it is not good for bubs back to sit up until they are ready and by that time they would have no use for the bumbo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I had to google it to see what it was but I'm confused why you would use it and when?

Genuinely want to know...

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I loved our bumbo and used it for two babies for an extensive period of time and have no negative experiences to report. They loved being off the floor and able to see what was going on in our home, we thought it was great and I recommend them to everyone