+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a pp said Lots of long walks, or a bath..... Sometimes we would bath together just to chill and skip that grumpy time in the afternoon
    Don't put any other unnecessary responsibility on yourself! Just acknowledge that having a newborn is big and take it easy.
    Tired signs! Definatly something to get familiar with.... Also look into over stimulation- something else that can make baby very unhappy.
    Do the exercises the physio suggests and stretch often! Not only has your body been through a lot but you are now adjusting to holding and feeding your lo a lot of the day and it is easy for the muscles to get tight and achey.
    Be prepared to baby wear! Its so much easier when u need to get things done.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a great thread. Subscribing :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also subscribing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Try to adopt a "How much will this be important when baby is 2?" philosophy.

It's so easy to get tunnel vision with a newborn, and every tiny thing is crucial, and you can sometimes feel as if that period of time will never end.

As a general rule, babies/ children get better at sleeping, they learn to eat solids, and they don't cry all the time once they're older. If you're unable to BF then try not to let it be the overriding thing in yours and baby's life at that time. That baby will grow into a child (on formula or breastmilk), and how they were fed may seem less important to you the older they get.

(I say that because I regret letting feelings of guilt/ failure over not being able to BF colour my time with DD in the early days. She's now a happy, healthy 2yr old, and it doesn't matter at all).

If you have people you trust, then let them help and let them babysit.

Get baby used to the shower from an early age, and they can shower with you in the morning/ evening.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

adden  (01-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Don't give bubba the goodnight feed (7pmish) while you are watching the tv! This turned out to be the cause of many 'witching' hours in my house...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Throw the books out the window and learn to read your babies signs!

Cuddle them as much as you can! They are tiny for 5 seconds!

Breastfeeding is hard work and if you can't get it to work for you don't beat yourself up about it! Formula is not the devil despite what some midwives try to make you believe!

Sleep when you can, take baby to bed and safely co-sleep if that works for you.

If you feel a bit hormonal for a while don't stress as motherhood is a big adjustment however if your concerned don't be afraid to ask for help. It doesn't make you weak or a bad mother!! (this is advice I really wish I had listened to!!!!)

Enjoy your little person

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ricebubblez For This Useful Post:

adden  (01-01-2013),αληθη  (01-01-2013),Lauzy83  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
    Dvd of The Happiest Baby on the Block. I swear by it and give a copy to all my friends expecting their first.
    YES! It's the best and really helped DH learn how to settle bubs too.

Also loved the Wrap Me Up swaddle - DD stopped trying to wriggle out of her old swaddles and started sleeping through the night!

Best book is an American one I got off Amazon called 12 Hours Sleep by 12 Weeks old. It worked and doesn't require controlled crying.

My mum taught me that in the early days it can often take up to half an hour or more of burping to settle bub. Be patient!

And don't try to entertain visitors. They can look after themselves.