Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP how did you go at the hosp? Hope you are feeling about better x

Thanks
    Reviews
    *abit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sarelou - still not out of the clear yet. I personally felt the hospital was a waste of time, I wasn't dehydrated, so the drip was just uncomfortable (I am a sook) I went home about 7:30pm. Maxalon needles however do work a little bit. My issue now is insomnia, I have been awake since 1am - Dr will not give me any sleeping tablets, because I am in my first trimester. If it is not one joy its another.. At this stage this little thing is going to be an only child!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw yeah I hear you - we said first and only when I was so sick too. As soon as a few weeks went by once it eased I said I would do it again though lol.

I'm sorry the hospital didn't help more, I was really dehydrated as I couldn't even really keep iceblocks or anything down, plus it was summer so it helped me alot.

Hang in there, I know it's truly awful, but it will end even though it seems it won't. I can't offer you any suggestions as I know myself absolutely nothing worked (crackers and lemonade yeah right if only it were that easy lol)
    Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi. In regards to the b6 and all b vitamins, there is a website called

drbrewerpregnancydiet.com

that is great and explains that you dont just have b6 but all other b's in the one tablet as well as other things to work the best. I take blackmores executive stress. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sucks, doesn't it? I had hyperemesis from weeks 7 to 15 and just wanted to die I also had to have a drip in hosp even though I was taking zofran like it was going out of fashion. It really is the worst feeling, like your worst hangover day after day...

I did find that I felt better if I took phenergan (the antihistimine) in the evenings (about 5pm.) It allowed me to sleep through the night (I also had insomnia like you) and I definitely felt less nauseous throughout the day. If I took it later than 5pm, I did find I was completely zonked the next morning (i did sometimes anyway) but generally I found it was the only thing to give me relief.

My ob was the one who suggested it although I did find pharmacists were reluctant to sell it to me knowing I was pregnant.

Frankly, I got to the point that I would have considered ANYTHING to make me feel better.

I do send you my sympathy- I am now at 21 + 6 wks and feeling much much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS- orange tic tacs were also good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi in regards to my posts on b6. The dr brewer website in the morning sickness section suggests not to take b6 after 3pm cos it causes insomnia

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thank you for all of this advice, it's nice to have a little support network who have been there and done that! I am seeing my gp tomorrow I will ask about the antihistamines to sleep. What I wouldn't give at the moment to have a solid nights rest. At the hospital they were going to give me something to help me sleep, and then when I asked the dr about sleeping tablets he said no way and made me feel like I was asking for heroin! It's really not a fun experience. The further along I am the easier I'm coping with it because I feel less things can go wrong, or that there is less chance of a miscarriage.

I have found cold stuff really helps, iced chocolate and slurpees - it seems to be something with the cold that sooths my stomach a bit and it's fluid that I can keep down. I don't really care that it's the middle of winter, I'll turn my heater on while I drink them lol! The guy at the local 7/11 is on to me for sure tho, we're basically on a first name basis, he even helps me put the lids on!

Im in my 6th week of feeling sick and I frequently cry to me very supportive husband "I don't think I can keep doing this, why is this happening to me, what have I done to deserve this!" it's been hard for me to process the pregnancy, let alone the sickness involved with it. After 9 years of being told this WILL NOT happen without IVF, it's taking a lot for me to accept why I have to go thru all of this pain on top of the pain we have already experienced for so long before hand.

I appreciate you all checking up on me, and your advice. I'm a little stir crazy so the contact with anyone is a blessing