+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A lot of our family have the same middle name. My mums middle name is Maree, her cousin's middle name is Maree, both the cousins daughters have the middle name Maree, and my DD3 will have the middle name
    Maree. Same as Rose- we have several family members with the middle name Rose.

The only thing we don't do is use the same first name (For example I like the name Jack but wouldn't use it be cause my cousins little boy is jack). Unless its a father naming his son (so DH naming our son Michael).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post

I cant see why you SIL would be upset - I think family traditions like this are lovely and for me there was no greater way to honour the memory of someone special.
    Agreed. Half of my large extended family share middle names that are all tribute to a grand parent great grand parent etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Almost every one on my dads side (except for a few people,maybe 3?) has the same middle name,boys and girls It used to be our last name and an ancestor came out from England,got busted stealing and gave a false name (which became our last name) and our real last name was forgotten until the early 10's or 20's when it was picked up again as our middle names.

Hated when I was a kid,love it now because of the story.Though I do often get random emails from people who put two and two together on Facebook etc' because one of my cousins is a celebrity and has the same middle name (obviously) so I get weird "OMG you must be ***** *****'s daughter??!! Um..no. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me and my cousin have both used Paige as a middle name. It has no meaning to our family at all, we just both have good taste.
    She never asked me, I used it first, but she never had to. It's a name, I don't own it and it just shows to me it's a great name.