+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it's lovely, is talk to your SIL about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a similar problem, except my cousin stole a name I liked for a girl for a first name years ago and used it as her sons middle name. Now I'm having a girl and still really like that name. I no doubt will get people in my family cringing thinking that I stole her name. I'm not sure what to do either as my partner prefers this name over another I have chosen. I'm thinking and think you should do the same, just go with what you want and who cares what other people think. At the end of the day it's your child and you have to love the name chosen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like family names it would be different if you both used it as your kids first names

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it is a lovely sentiment and honor to give a child a family name. My sons middle name is DHs grandfathers name. If we are blessed with a DD then she will have either a family middle name (MIL, my mum and my sister all have this middle name) or she will have a grandparents name as a middle name. I wouldn't mind either if any of my sisters or SIL wanted to use the same names as a middle name (or first name for that matter)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's fine. All us girls have matching middle names in our family (mum's side), Maree, Maria, Marie, Mary, May (that's across four generations). If I had another daughter I would use one of those again (my aunt's middle name). I also have same middle name as my cousin on my dad's side and never thought anything of it.
    But I think it would be worthwhile discussing it with your SIL before using it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't see why you can't ??
    My ds has the same middle name as DP and dd3 has my middle name as hers too!!
    I love the name Quinn

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughters first name is her grans maiden name, and some of her cousins have it as a middle name. I think it's fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's lovely to honour your nan in that way.
    My second dd has the same middle name as my niece, though I'd actually forgotten it was her middle name too. It's our other sister's first name, my sister used it for her dd while our sister was alive, I used it after she'd died. Two of my nephews have the same middle name too.
    Though same middle names/using names again are pretty common in my family, my three brothers have the same middle name and my two older sisters had the same middle name. My little sister and I both have middle names which are two of our aunt's first names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've used family names as middle names for both of our children. (In fact DS first and middle names are family names) As it happens both names are on both sides - so everyone thinks they are special. Of course we know who out of the bunch they are named for! Im also really enjoying telling my children about the people they were named for and how special they were to us.

I cant see why you SIL would be upset - I think family traditions like this are lovely and for me there was no greater way to honour the memory of someone special.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used my DH middle name for my DS ( it is also my FIL middle name too). If it's a girl this time we be using my middle name even though my SIL's daughter has the same middle name just different spelling. I'm Mae my SIL's daughter is May.

I don't see a problem with it at all.