+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default same middle names in the family?

So im wondering what people think about this.

I am thinking about using my nan's name as my 2nd bub's middle name (if she's a girl). My nan is quite sick atm, We really dont know how long she has left. She's very very weak. Im very close to my nan. Id love to keep her name close to me.

The problem i see with this is that DH's mum has the same first name as my nan! My SIL used this name for her 1st bub's middle name.

Is it common to have the same middle names in the family?
    How does Quinn Patricia sound? I think it works but i think im being bias as i just really want to use nan's name.

There will be a Hayley Patricia and a Quinn Patricia in the family...??? hrmmm. I just dont know what SIL would think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is lovely, what about if you ask your SIL's opinion and tell her your reason?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use rose as a middle name for girls in our family.

My grandma got rose as a middle name, her aunt rose died as a child. My middle name is rose as is dd's, I also have 2 cousins with the middle name rose who were born after grandma passed away.

I think it's a lovely idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was actually going to ask peoples opinions on this the other day. My sister just had a little boy and gave him the same middle name as my ds (which is our fathers name).

Not sure that i like it too much, but at the end of the day, its her ds and there's not much i could do about it anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't see a problem with it. It's not like you use the full name very often!!

I also don't see an issue with siblings both wanting to use their Fathers name like in PP. It's a nice way of honoring your parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I don't think middle names really matter do they? Your known to and refered to by your first name, not first and middle.
    It's quite common to pass down names to be used as middle names as well. I personally can't see how your SIL would have an issue but then who knows people can get really weird about baby names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same middle name as 7 of my first cousins, my daughter has it too. It's all in honour of my mothers mother who passed away when her 10 kids were aged 6-22.

Where I lived many people knew and remembered my grandmother and would always tell me the most wonderful stories, I wear it with pride and gave it to my daughter with pride despite never physically meeting her.

Go for it I say.

Oh and my son shares his middle name with several of his second cousins in DHs family as he's named after his great-grandfather on DHs side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkamunka View Post
    So im wondering what people think about this.

I am thinking about using my nan's name as my 2nd bub's middle name (if she's a girl). My nan is quite sick atm, We really dont know how long she has left. She's very very weak. Im very close to my nan. Id love to keep her name close to me.

The problem i see with this is that DH's mum has the same first name as my nan! My SIL used this name for her 1st bub's middle name.

Is it common to have the same middle names in the family?
    How does Quinn Patricia sound? I think it works but i think im being bias as i just really want to use nan's name.

There will be a Hayley Patricia and a Quinn Patricia in the family...??? hrmmm. I just dont know what SIL would think.
    All the girls in our family all have the same middle name- after the same person. I think it's nice. Maybe just ask your SIL what she thinks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    if it means alot to u then have it. I dont see any problem in using same middle names as people dont often say middle names out loud anyway as long as 1st name is different than go for it .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same middle name as my my and my DD due in a week will be getting the same middle name as well. I was very close to my nan (mums mum) and love that she picked that name out an now it's been passed on and she was really happy that mum passed the name on to me so I know she will be happy my daughter will have it and it means a lot to my mum as well.

At first I didn't want to use it as didn't want everyone to have the same middle name but middle names hardly get used and it's special so why not