+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much cow's milk does your 18mo drink?

DS is still breastfed, but only once maybe twice a day. On top of that he drinks about 500ml of cow's milk (he seems to prefer cow's milk over bm). This seems like alot to me - just wondering what the norm is?!

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My son is 20 months now but from about 15 months he has been having half a cup of milk with breakfast and thats it. He weaned himself from bottles at 15 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That does seem like a lot! My 18mo DD is also breastfed and doesn't drink any cows milk but does eat lots of plian yoghurt. Apparently, as counterintuitive as it seems, craving milk can be a sign of dairy intolerance. Both my DP and I used to guzzle milk down as kids and we both had intolerances that we've since grown out of

Thanks
    Reviews
    a few months off but my lil girl is 14months and we only have a nearly full bottle for afternoon nap time and the big night time sleep (she sleeps thru) usually have weetbix with milk for breaky and thats pretty much all the milk/calcium i give her and thats normal full cream cow milk (homebrand but not longlife) and shes been on that since 11 months. I think she'll have this routine untill shes at least 2 as her older brothers didnt wean until 2ish

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently trying to cut down DD20 mths milk. She has about 500mls a day cows milk.
    Ngala told me they should not have more than 600 mls a day especially if it's affecting their eating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    our 22mth old has been drinking about 350- 500mL milk a day since I stopped nursing her. Before her midday nap and bedtime she has a cup's worth ish. Occ she refuses it. She has some cheese/yoghurt but it depends on her mood.

The recommendation is 500mL of milk a day (2serves) or the equivalent in cheese/yoghurt for kids aged 1-2yo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    None.
    She has heaps of water, cheese and yoghurt and a cup of rice milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 16 month old has 500-600 ml a day. If I remember correctly my MCHN said no more than 600 ml by 18 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. If the recommendation is no more than 500/ 600ml I might try to cut it back a bit. He's going through a very fussy stage with eating, so I think he might be making up for lack of food with milk. I would bf more, but he just pulls off after a minute and makes his 'all gone' sign so I think my supply might have dropped a fair bit.