+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First birthdays

What did you do for your little ones first birthday? The big shibang or just a small quiet celebration?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Small celebration. A trip to the zoo with cake and picnic for lunch. About 12 people there all up. The majority of our family live interstate so that made it easier to keep it small, plus we just had our absolute closest friends. DS had the time of his life. Perfect day for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds we went to an indoor play centre. My dd we went on a mini train ride and had cake a nibbles at a park (same location) it was a bit cold that day but the kids had a great time and loved the train ride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nothing special. I don't see the point when they are too little to remember and enjoy it anyway.

DD1, her dad and I had just separated the week before so it was just a cake at my grandads house with my mum, my sister and my grandad. The only gifts she got were from them. She went to her dad the following weekend though and him and his girlfriend threw a massive party and spoilt her rotten.

Dd2 we didn't do anything for either really. We had our engagement party on her birthday so had a cake for her early on in the afternoon with close family and friends. Her second birthday is on Sunday and it's going to be very low key as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a massive party, we even invited all of dhs (massive) family, for some of them it was the first time they met dd.All up we had nearly 200 people, we all enjoyed it and have lots of pics for dd to look at when she's older. This year it's much smaller only 40 people on the guest list

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaliyahsmummy View Post
    We had a massive party, we even invited all of dhs (massive) family, for some of them it was the first time they met dd.All up we had nearly 200 people, we all enjoyed it and have lots of pics for dd to look at when she's older. This year it's much smaller only 40 people on the guest list
    Whoa!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did a BBQ with family and friends, there was only 1 other child so quite small.

ETA we also did a time capsule thing, everyone at the party wrote a letter to him. He can open them at his 18th or 21st. Some are funny,some are serious. Some state facts.eg price or milk and petrol etc it will be interesting to see who he still knows by then.
    Last edited by daysta112; 27-06-2012 at 09:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a big party at the function hall.it was so much fun...dance , games ,food..really had a blast.I am sure my DS would appreciate when he grows up ..

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We had a big pirate party in the local park, 40 adults and 10 kids, I went overboard but it was such a great day! I hate it when people say they are too little they won't remember! Does that mean we cancel Xmas and anything else they won't remember! We have hundreds of photos and videos of him with everyone who loves him plus DH and I have the best memories of that day when our little boy turned 1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a Teddy bears picnic at our local park. About 40 family and friends, BBQ, salads, cake and cupcakes, balloons etc. It was lots of fun! Think we'll do something really small for her 2nd.