+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and if in doubt at any time call 13 HEALTH or the equivelant in your state (I'm in QLD) because they were AMAZING!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi got this just after my 6 wks & freeked out as I never had this with my first. I amediatley rang my GP and she got me to come in and she sent me straight in to have an ultra sound where I was able to hear my baby's hearbeat and was reassured that everything was ok & that as it was not bright red blood it was more then likely implementation. I know it is hard to stay calm and not stress but it is the best thing that you can do & never feel guilty for call your op like others have said that is what we pay them the big bucks for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had what sounds like the exact same thing with both my boys, just a brown smear on the toilet paper from 6 - 9 weeks. It was nothing to worry about, although with ds1 I went to the hospital because I was worried but when it happened again with ds2 I knew not to worry. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello,

i felt like i had to reply as i am going through the same thing as you with the spotting and also the unmedicated anxiety.

i had bright red spotting at 6 weeks, baby was fine. i was freaking out! thought it was all over but yesterday at 11 and a half weeks had a lot of brown spotting. obviously i am a wreck at the moment, and im sure the stress isnt making anything better (for either of us!)

the worst thing i did was dr googled. the best thing i did was call my midwife both times. i am having an ultrasound tomorrow.

i found that by talking to people it becomes more "normal" and makes you feel better! a friend of mine had a massive bleed that filled three pads at 20 weeks, and the baby was fine.

please keep us posted, and goodluck!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I bled on and off for a few days at 7 weeks. I totally understand the anxiety you must be feeling, especially because you think it's stopped and then it comes back!

Bleeding in first tri is extremely common. I am now 23 and 5 with no further complications whatsoever, so for me it was good news. Dr Google is bad news!

I hope all goes well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I called the OB yesterday morning. He was happy that it was still brown but said the only way we will know for sure everything is ok is to come in for a scan.

I saw him yesterday afternoon and babies heartbeat was ticking away nicely at 130bpm.

The Ob thinks the spotting might be from the placenta embedding in the uterus wall (something like that- I was too excited watching the screen to understand it) but basically all is fine.

My ob is so reassuring and understanding of my anxiety. Ill be 9 weeks next Tuesday and will be having my 4th visit with him. I asked him because I saw him yesterday if he wanted me to extend the next visit, and he said "how nervous and anxious are you about the pregnancy" and I just burst into tears and said "im petrified!" and his response: "see you on Tuesday".

How nice is that....

So yes, google can be reassuring but ive had brown spotting before for 5 days with my first pregnancy and I miscarried at 10 weeks. So I wasnt convinced everything was alright. But now Ive seen Poppys heartbeat I feel so much better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopefully Waiting For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    Hi everyone,

I called the OB yesterday morning. He was happy that it was still brown but said the only way we will know for sure everything is ok is to come in for a scan.

I saw him yesterday afternoon and babies heartbeat was ticking away nicely at 130bpm.

The Ob thinks the spotting might be from the placenta embedding in the uterus wall (something like that- I was too excited watching the screen to understand it) but basically all is fine.

My ob is so reassuring and understanding of my anxiety. Ill be 9 weeks next Tuesday and will be having my 4th visit with him. I asked him because I saw him yesterday if he wanted me to extend the next visit, and he said "how nervous and anxious are you about the pregnancy" and I just burst into tears and said "im petrified!" and his response: "see you on Tuesday".

How nice is that....

So yes, google can be reassuring but ive had brown spotting before for 5 days with my first pregnancy and I miscarried at 10 weeks. So I wasnt convinced everything was alright. But now Ive seen Poppys heartbeat I feel so much better.
    awwwwwwwwwwwwww very nice OB! Stupid pregnancy hormones I almost cried reading that LOL
    Glad all is well for you and bub!