+ Reply to Thread
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Help with moving

So DP and I have agreed to move out of this house but I need some help. I have no idea what to do now, it's been so long since iv moved, like packed and cleaned. And I won't have any help until the move because DP works. How do I go about it? Do i find a house first or give notice first? And before I do any of that should I start packing? Should I hire a cleaner as iv got the 2 kids and I'm preg? I'm so confused at we're to start... Then there is the fact the house is DPs sisters and I don't think we have a lease n thy can't afford no one to not live in it, they tried selling it a few months ago. Do I have to give them 2 weeks notice? Should I leave the house like they left it for us? (a mess)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump please????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just let them know in advance that you are looking so they can be prepared, it's expensive if they are depending on your rent to help them pay the mortgage. Tell them that it will probably take you 4 weeks to find something you like, but warn them that it might be longer, or sooner. That way they can be prepared.

Then start looking, I would pack all the stuff that you don't use often like books, kids toys and photo frames/books. You can pack the boxes then just let hubby move them. Don't do any heavy lifting. Once the house is completely empty then either hire a cleaner or get a bucket, heaps of clothes and get stuck into it. Regardless of the fact the house was dirty when you moved in, I personally would clean it before I left.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lolz83 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Find a house first.
    Give your notice on current house, not your issue they didnt put a lease in place, they will get someone - finding a buyer is always more difficult than a tenant, look after yourself, they would (i have rented from family I know how you feel).
    Start packing - things that arent used first. If you are looking to move anyway you could start this now a bit each day.
    Leave the house clean like you would a normal rental, despite it being a mess when you got it, it will save arguments and then you can leave knowing you have done the right thing, be the bigger person, no revenge.
    Put a notice up at Coles and recruit a teenager to help clean the yars/house/move boxes/entertain the kids, they would love the pocket money.
    Best of luck.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (27-06-2012)