+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hopefullyoneday

Congratulations. Not long now till you'll be holding your precious little baby.
    Can I ask what state you are in? And at what stage/day they froze your embryo's?
    We are only allowed to transfer one blast at a time, and it is so expensive that at this stage we will use all 3 blasts/3 transfers, and that will probably be it. Fingers crossed it works first go x

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're in Adelaide & Repromed froze them @ the blastocyst stage.
    India can be quite unorthodox in the fact they transfer a max of three at a time, but financially better for us.
    Wishing you loads of luck in your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This 2ww is so hard. Find myself counting down the days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi KLD1,

I know exactly what you're talking about. We went through the 2ww with my sister in March/April. It seems like forever! How are you holding up?

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the process but it sounds like you're well on your way. I really hope this cycle works out for you.

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi i am new here as of today and dont really no where to start, i am 41 with 2 beautiful boys 14 and 11, my husband is 47, i can not have anymore children due to a heart condition that is under control but not to go through a pregnancy, i long for one more child so badly it hurts to my core, we have been looking into adoption for 7 odd years now, it is such a hard long process with little guarantee and as soon as u say heart condition you become very low priority, i am after any help that can be given, advice etc please anyone, thanks in advance sorry thought better add we are in queensland

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever27 View Post
    Hi KLD1,

I know exactly what you're talking about. We went through the 2ww with my sister in March/April. It seems like forever! How are you holding up?

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the process but it sounds like you're well on your way. I really hope this cycle works out for you.

Jen
    Hi Forever27
    Was your sister your surrogate? Did you get a BFP?
    Holding in there just. Lucky that I'm extremely close to my surrogate and we talk everyday.
    Tomorrow is our beta test, I was so nervous today I could hardly eat my lunch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by libbie View Post
    hi i am new here as of today and dont really no where to start, i am 41 with 2 beautiful boys 14 and 11, my husband is 47, i can not have anymore children due to a heart condition that is under control but not to go through a pregnancy, i long for one more child so badly it hurts to my core, we have been looking into adoption for 7 odd years now, it is such a hard long process with little guarantee and as soon as u say heart condition you become very low priority, i am after any help that can be given, advice etc please anyone, thanks in advance sorry thought better add we are in queensland
    Hi Libbie

Are you looking at using a surrogate? Do you have a surrogate mother in mind?
    I started with talking with my gynecologist/FS. I was lucky as the Dr that diagnosed me also does the whole surrogacy process.
    Also it would be a good idea to look at the QLD Surrogacy ACT.
    There is quite a lot involved, with counselling, Surrogacy Agreements and psychological testing (Although each clinic does it differently) and then the whole IVF process. But totally worth it in my eyes.
    I'm happy to answer any questions you have about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KLD1 - Yes, my sister was/is my gestational carrier. And yes, we did get a BFP. She's 17 weeks along now with our son. We are so very, very blessed that she's willing to do this for us. My signature might be a little confusing because we actually transferred to both myself and my sister the last cycle. I'm so very glad we did it that way to up our chances. My cycle was a chemical. If my sister hadn't done the cycle with us, we would have been devastated because I didn't have it in my to go through all the drugs again. My body was really struggling with it all.

I'll be thinking of you today. I truly hope you get your BFP today.
    Last edited by Forever27; 11-07-2012 at 00:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    How exciting for you all. The ethics committee has made no desicions for us as apparently they wanted some info, but they aren't even going to look at it again until they meet againwhich is possibly August. Its so frustrating having your fate rest in the hands of others.

I hope you get the positive you are after.

Trish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    We got our test results yesterday and it was a BFN
    Was quite upset, but picked myself up and we're going to try again as soon as my surrogate is ready.
    We managed to freeze 2 6day blasts so fingers crossed they thaw well and 1 sticks.
    Just a question Forever27, how many embryo's did you transfer to your sister?
    I think we're only allowed one at a time.