+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Clomid for Male infertility and possible mild pcos

Long story short.
    DH has about between 91% and 98% abnormal sperm fs thinks his sperm may go up and down over the months. We have been doing IVF since the start of this year and have had a m/c and a negative result, waiting for a BFP Thursday, fingers crossed!
    However, I have met a new fs and she has suggested clomid if I get af after this cycle, also she has booked me in for a laparoscopy to check my tubes and may possibly have mild pcos….. as my periods fluctuate between 23 & 29 days with an average of 25/26 days…… Can be crampy and bleed heavy for two days, then light for 2.
    Before doing IVF AGAIN she has suggested trying clomid with a lap….
    I am looking for positive results =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing!! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    (((BUMP)))

There must be someone?????

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - last embie fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Let me get this right - she wants you to take the clomid or dh to improve sperm? Sorry but if I am reading correctly and she wants you to take it then my guess is you'll have as much luck as you did when trying naturally. Can't see how that could help when your issue is mfi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She thinks that dh results have shown to improve & worsen each month, his had 4 SA tests, each of which go up & down.... His 2 better tests are normal and just above normal... Therefore she has started investigating me, as my af is between 23 to 29 days & I bleed heavy 2 days, very light 2 days... Sometimes I have pain / cramps etc... Sometimes nothing! She has a feeling I might be suffering from mild psoc & wants to do a lap...
    She also said with dh better results and a lap & clomid should give us a good chance.. I may even have blocked tubes but lap will clean every possible blockage (if any with me)

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I put the wrong thread heading,

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh ok that makes more sense. Firstly, just read your post on the June thread that says af had arrived. I'm sorry this cycle didn't work ;(

I'm not sure about this new FS theories. I have mild pco but not the syndrome. The most obvious way for them to tell is the tell tale "pearl necklace" which can be seen on a scan of your ovaries. Have you seen this before at Your scans? I think April is right too, from my knowledge pcos sufferers generally have longer cycles rather than short, but I suppose irregular cycles might also be an issue with pco?? Would you consider your cycles irregular rather than short?

I too began ivf due to dh mfi then we discovered I had a couple of problems too

What supplements is he on? If any?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Oh ok that makes more sense. Firstly, just read your post on the June thread that says af had arrived. I'm sorry this cycle didn't work ;(

I'm not sure about this new FS theories. I have mild pco but not the syndrome. The most obvious way for them to tell is the tell tale "pearl necklace" which can be seen on a scan of your ovaries. Have you seen this before at Your scans? I think April is right too, from my knowledge pcos sufferers generally have longer cycles rather than short, but I suppose irregular cycles might also be an issue with pco?? Would you consider your cycles irregular rather than short?

I too began ivf due to dh mfi then we discovered I had a couple of problems too

What supplements is he on? If any?
    Yep AF arrived AGAIN..... This IVF journey is over for us. devo...

My ultrasound is clear but fs said not all pcos, endo & blocked tubes will show on an ultrasound, she isn't saying I'm a definite for any of the mentioned, however need to be eliminated as my periods can be a mixture of irregular & short (have also started acupuncture)
    She also mentioned short luteal faze and progesterone problem...

The clomid is just to try in the meantime in case dh results are around the normal range again, whilst waiting for the lap (could be up to 4 month wait, hopefully 6-8 weeks though) she said depending on what she finds, she may recommend another couple of months as lap & clomid will make me highly fertile, if we are going to have any chance without ivf, this would be it!
    I honestly feel in the most capable hands & she has great reviews for being extremely through & getting good results... She is a director at Monash IVF

She has also sent my off for bloods to check my ovarian reserve (egg count) this apparently shows a couple of things too...
    Also she said getting 20 eggs in epu & 3 viable that there has to be a lot more to it then just bad luck as my current fs said.

My current fs never bothered looking at me at all... So I'm feeling confident with her to be honest :-)

DH is just on menevit ATM our current fs said don't bother no point, new fs said not correct, keep taking it as it won't fix morphology but will help with quality!

I handed her the same tests from my gp that I gave to my current fs & she even pointed out my iron is way to low & vit d..... He didn't even bother... So ****ed...

Overall I'm happy to try clomid & a lap & I guess we'll have to watch this space :-) xox

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN