+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    His recovery was quite good all in all. He was in a lot of pain after the osteotomy but that was well controlled while in hospital and by about day 7 he was on no pain relief at all however we did have a few rough nights once we got home from hospital. He spent 4 nights/5 days in hospital and I'm told this is quite standard for an osteotomy. He was allowed to walk after 7 weeks but did walk (and still does) with quite a bad limp due to the difference in the length of his legs. He has actually just had his plate removed last week (after having it in for 9 months) and is doing really well. It's a big thing for them to go through but I can't even begin to describe how proud we are of our little man after everything and I'm sure it will be the same for your daughter. It's a lot to take in that is for sure. If you have any other questions, you are welcome to PM me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been on holidays so only just saw this. She will be having the exact same procedure as my DD has. It all feels very real once you have 'that' date.

I think as adults we tend to worry more then children but honestly after about day 3 you forget what life was like without the cast - although I didnt have any other children at the time. Do you have help organised for while DD is in hospital? I am a single parent so I had my mum stay for 2 weeks after the op (i went back to uni and work about 5 days after her op).

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    how are you holding up Refresh? was just thinking of you hoping all is okay. How long till surgery? sending massive hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks guys. Trying not to think about it too much, kind of in denial I guess! They offered us 7 September which is impossible so I think we have managed to get it changed to the 10 August, just waiting for confirmation. That's not far away at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Only 21 days until her op I am so scared and sad for her I need to get practical stuff organised too. Carseat, pram. I ordered an Ipad to keep her busy at the pool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How i everything going Refresh? Oh its horrible that everyone will be in the pool except her. Hope there is a lot of shade because they get soooo hot and sweaty in those casts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm dreading it TBH, I get upset when I see her dance around, she loves it and always asks for 'ballet music mummy' Yeah, I know, poor thing is just going to have to watch, she loves swimming yes, there is heaps of shade.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 9 days to go (((

Thanks
    Reviews
    It will be over and done with before you know it. Honestly waiting is the worst part. I remember that feeling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks xo