+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    he can think it is "better" that she not go....but, that does not mean she doesn't go.

I would respectfully disagree with him...tell him you appreciate his point of view but as as the dinner is the first stop in a family holiday, the 3 of you will be there and WILL be going to dinner.

I am bishy....cause at dinner, when things going great...i would pointedly say "see step dad, i told you that it would be perfectly ok for DD to be here"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would take her! It's a family event and your DD is part of that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to secondtimearound2 For This Useful Post:

Shhh, blowing Flo rider's whistle and making Usher scream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    Stuff him. Take her anyway. If he has a problem with it he can just not go.
    I agree. Stuff him, not very nicely said but true

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PrimaDonnnaGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support everyone. Issues like this have been on going with my step dad but when it comes to his kids and their babies...no issues.
    I know he will say, its your mothers birthday and its about what she wants but I have to think about my family too. Something I'm always made to feel quilty about.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    In all honesty I wouldn't be telling him.

I would say yes you and DH are going and you will get a sitter for DD ... and all 3 of you just turn up (and tell him sorry but the sitter fell through). When you arrive in town ring the restaurant and tell them to increase the booking by 1 and just turn up with DD.

If he has an issue on the night, then he is made to look really stupid and petty. If he carries on too much the 3 of you can just leave and then catch up for breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Imsooverit View Post
    In all honesty I wouldn't be telling him.

I would say yes you and DH are going and you will get a sitter for DD ... and all 3 of you just turn up (and tell him sorry but the sitter fell through). When you arrive in town ring the restaurant and tell them to increase the booking by 1 and just turn up with DD.

If he has an issue on the night, then he is made to look really stupid and petty. If he carries on too much the 3 of you can just leave and then catch up for breakfast.
    Unfortunately when things turn ****ty they really turn ****ty. My 19yr old son came down from qld and visited them at easter when we were there and mum is still going on about how it would of been better if it was just us and he wasn't there. There is so much other stuff but they just don't let things go. If I did that I would be even worse and would never hear the end of it. My DP said he could look after her and I could just fly up but we are a family and had planned a holiday and he hasnt met my brother yet so I said no, not an option.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub