+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I over reacting? What would you do?

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow. Baby has unstable lie, she changes from breech to oblique to head down a number of times a day it's quite painful.
    Iam booked for a c-sect next tues, due to other medical conditions as well as this.

My ob has put me on rest till then because he thinks Bub will rupture the membranes and put me in labour before then as she's moving so much. He said it's all good just rush in to hosp as soon as you go into labour as will be dangerous for bub.
    It's going to take me at least an hour without traffic to get there, more like 2 hours once I wait for DH to come home from work.

My OB won't be on over the weekend so will have to see someone I don't know which scares me.

He was going to take her out this fri but decided he wanted to wait and was ok to do an emergency c-sect if need be.

So am I over reacting in being worried about making it to the hosp if the cord comes out first? Seriously would 3 days make any difference to bubs lungs?

DS was born fine at 36 +4.

Sorry this is so long but I'm so stressed I don't know what to do I feel like my OB Dosnt give a crap

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you are over reacting. I would feel stressed in your situation. It is natural to worry.

If you go into labor and you are concerned about the time it takes to get to hospital, could you call an ambulance, rather than wait for your husband? Is there someone else you can have on standby?

Have you discussed your concerns with your OB?

Have told those close to you (neighbour, close friends, family) your concerns so they can keep an eye on you.

Cheers,
    Doorh

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB had to rush off to deliver a baby so I didnt get a chance, I called him up when I got hme and that's when he is no way is it safe for me to have a vag birth with bub being transverse and to come straight in if labour starts.
    I have told him I'm an hour away but that was months ago maybe he forgot??

I've had to call an ambulance out here once before and they took 20 minutes to get here!! Also they would take me to the public hosp not my private hosp which is ok if bub is in danger but for the sake of 3 days is it worth it?

He said no to fri after looking at his comp as if he was too busy!

I dunno maybe I'm over reacting
    I don't see him till next tues the day of the c-sect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If labor starts, go in asap, even if the nurses tell you to wait for labor to become more established.

Do you know anyone who lives closer to the hospital? Maybe you could stay with them for a few days??

I don't know if you have other kids and responsibilities, but could you stay in a cheap hotel close to the hospital, just so you aren't so stressed about getting there on time??

In all likelihood, everything will work out ok, but it can be very a stressful worrying time for mum. I felt really vulnerable during my last birth and we lived 45 mins from the hospital, but we got there in time despite a quick birth.

Cheers,
    Doorh