+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is there a playgroup?? Don't be worried if the mums are older you are all still mums

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are there any bubhub meets in your area? I noticed you are in frankston, I'm pretty sure there are bubhub meets your way...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just go to forum and the scroll down to the section entitled local play groups...good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another virtual hug your way. I have definitely felt that way before.
    Look up the playgroup website or even try a FB online sales page and ask if anyone knows of a playgroup in your area (people do that on mine all the time).

I was feeling much like you last year when I made the decision to return to university. I am SO glad I did, now I have something other than being a SAHM to keep me occupied and I have made new friends as well. If studying (or working) is an option for you I would definitely consider it

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH also has epilepsy, so I wanted to send you some big hugs! I know what it's like to watch the one you love go through fits, it's really tough! My DH has them when he forgets his meds, or can't be bothered taking them! It floors me that he can just knowingly skip them when he knows the consequences, but I think in a way it's different for them as they don't see themselves and what happens to their bodies, they just wake up sore. Where as we have to sit there and watch them go through it. Make sure they are breathing, and hope they wake up. It really is emotionally draining! You sound like a great mum and wife. What about a hobby that you can do, or as pp said some part time work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live about 25 mins away from frankston and did contact some women from frankston who have posted on bh and I got 1 reply from a rude lady who in nice words said our group is full. Others havent replied or posts where from last year sometime.
    I have thought about part time work but child care centres have waiting lists and my DP dont really want me to work seeing he earns enough for us to be comfortable and secure. Plus we thinking about having another baby soon.
    Its crazy how they could forget something so important and not care about it. Its so hard when there still out of it and you have to get them to eat something then make sure they acctually swallow the tablet or that liquid. I feel like recording him when he has his next fit just to say "put urself in my shoes"

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there, the feeling alone and no one to talk to during the day really does SUCK. Im so sorry ur feeling like this and i know how frustrating, long and mind numbing the days can be!
    I felt like my brain was fried doing the same mundane things day in and day out. Dont get me wrong, raising a child takes all your brain cells and more and is very exhausting work!!! I just needed something for ME, for my own sanity and something that kept my mind off babies and the groundhog days. So i enrolled in an online course that's flexible part time study. It has forums that i can chat to people who are also doing my course. Im able to do it when my 16mth old goes down for her naps and at night if im not to buggered!
    Although it was a bit $$ DH had no problem allowing me to do something for me. It's also gonna help me out when with my career when i return to work after we are done having babies.

It's just a thought and it might get you thinking about things that YOU enjoy. We get so caught up in being a mum and partner/wife we sometimes forget who "ME" really is.
    What motivates you? what takes your interest? What makes your mind tick? What makes you smile? What do you see yourself doing in 10 years time?
    It doesnt even have to be anything to do with a career it can just be something you want to know more about. Like a short photography course for example - just learning how to use a camera properly! online courses are really great and you can choose how you want to study and for how long - depending on the type of course. I dont know if im allowed to share reccomendations on BH, but it's not hard to 'google' short courses guides

Im sorry to hear what your partner is going thru.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i did have a look on online classes about 4 months ago and there was nothing that makes me go oooh i want to do that. i have all the qualifications that i would like to have such as diploma in childrens services, a photographer, my RSA and hospitality.
    what makes me smile is children and hopefully when my children are older and in school i could open my own child care centre where parents feel secure that we will look and care for their children not put them in a room with some activitys the children might like.
    im glad you have been in this situation and that you have overcome this crap time. i will overcome it too just gotta keep trying and also gotta think positive and remove the fake smile

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngish87 View Post
    i did have a look on online classes about 4 months ago and there was nothing that makes me go oooh i want to do that. i have all the qualifications that i would like to have such as diploma in childrens services, a photographer, my RSA and hospitality.
    what makes me smile is children and hopefully when my children are older and in school i could open my own child care centre where parents feel secure that we will look and care for their children not put them in a room with some activitys the children might like.
    im glad you have been in this situation and that you have overcome this crap time. i will overcome it too just gotta keep trying and also gotta think positive and remove the fake smile
    That sounds like a really wonderful plan It's great you already have the Diploma behind you! maybe your could search out a small business course? bookkeping? or even a first aid course/refresher that will help you with your future career plans?

There's nothing worse than feeling like your in a rut. It will pass, you just have to work thru it and keep yourself motivated.
    You sound like an awesome and strong mummy who really loves and cares for your ds.
    Look after yourself hun, eat properly, get your sleep and keep doing an amazing job with raising your son.

BH is great to vent and chat about anything your feeling. There are some wonderful supportive ladies on here and i often turn to them when im feeling at my worst.
    Goodluck hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your very kind words. might have a look at book keeping and see how that goes. hopefully i find someone to talk to face to face.
    i know i have to look after myself but find it very hard to do so when i have so much on my mind. wish my brain would just turn off for a little while just for a break.
    im determind to make new friends and have more than imaginary coffee with lol which is my DS favourite thing to do atm.