+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Maternity clothing?

Hi everyone,

I am 21 wks and have just been trying to find a pair of black work (maternity) pants at my local shopping centre without success! Target was the only place I could find any, but they are all way too short for me. I am almost 6ft tall but surely not the only tall pregnant lady out there?!

Where are others getting their maternity clothes from? Does anyone know any shops that do longer length clothing? Or is everyone buying online these days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've found one pair of jeans and one top at op shops. Otherwise, I've been buying off of ebay/gumtree.
    You're not guaranteed that it'll fit, or that you'll like it, before you buy which of course is a down side. However, given how little I've paid compared to buying anything new, I've figured it's worth the risk. There are a few things I've bought which I won't wear...but most have worked out well - definitely worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ASOS online. Great clothes, very cheap (I got a pair of black skinny jeans for $40) and fast free delivery.
    If you join with them (for free) they send you emails with a further % off almost weekly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Asos is great, and pumpkin patch are having a massive stocktake sale at the moment. I saw some very good maternity bargains there the other day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 6ft tall as well and finding work pants without a ball for a belly is hard enough. Lol. I am 37+3 and have gotten this far using a belly belt on my normal pants with either long tops or a bando to cover. Hope that helps, good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my black work pants from Queen Bee. They were a bit exxey ($149 from memory) but far better than anything I found in the shops. I am 170 cms and had to have them taken up so the length might be ok on you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I lived in a pair of black skinny jeans from Jeans West. They didn't really look like jeans so I got away with them (working in an office), and were very comfy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got some from Ripe Maternity, but I went into their store & bought them rather than buying online. I did buy some tracksuit pants from ASOS and they were super long - I was very impressed as I'm 175cm tall and I also struggle to find long pants. Towards the end of my pregnancy I also found Figure 8 Maternity - an online store in the US that has a huge range of maternity clothes. I bought a dress I could breast feed in for my cousins Wedding (when my dd was 8 weeks old) and I was very happy. They have reviews of the clothes and that has really helped me when I've looked for 'nursing' wear .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just bought jeans at pumpkinpatch, joondalup lakeside. I am reasonably tallish, 5 foot 8 inch and they are rather long for me. I am sure i saw black pants there but not sure what kind. They have a sale on too, my jeans were marked down to $36, and i love them!