+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Blighted ovum

Ultrasound 2day and a blighted ovum 😭 nothing worse then being told no baby. Especially when I have been feeling the nausea feeling. Now back to drs tomorrow for the other fantastic news D&C or wait...
    Only thing with waiting the ultrasound guy said I should of passed it by now if it was going to happen by itself..
    πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ

I have endometriosis and had a full clean out done 22 months ago
    Then conceived my baby boy 14 mths later number 2 my baby girl was born...
    Both where by Csection aswell
    So now I'm all confused not to mention the hormones that are running mad

So I guess I would like some advice on what I should do ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry I have no advice, I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss. It's just not fair

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Kjlangel81  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would probably wait a little .. I'm not sure to be honest. Sorry I'm not much help but didnt' want to read and not post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kjlangel81

Again Im so sorry about your loss.

What advise are you looking for?

To wait to MC or have a D&C?

I opted to have a D&C both times with mine. I was 10 weeks 3 days when I found out the first time. Even though the D&C was relatively eaasy the bleeding and clotting that happend in the month afterwards was really awful to deal with. I don't regret my decision.

The second time I opted for another D&C. I was 7 weeks when we discovered that one at our viability scan. The recovery from bleeding etc... was so much better. I hardly had any bleeding and din't have any clots. Maybe it was because I had my IVF Dr do this D&C???

I'm not brave enough for a ntural MC. I just want to deal with it and move on to start TTC again.

It's completely up to you what you would like to do. How far along are you? If you wait naturally it "could" take a while as your body has to recognise that there is no longer a viable pregnancy and as with my first I didn't know until 10 weeks at my OB office where she did a routine scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyPonds View Post
    Hi Kjlangel81

Again Im so sorry about your loss.

What advise are you looking for?

To wait to MC or have a D&C?

I opted to have a D&C both times with mine. I was 10 weeks 3 days when I found out the first time. Even though the D&C was relatively eaasy the bleeding and clotting that happend in the month afterwards was really awful to deal with. I don't regret my decision.

The second time I opted for another D&C. I was 7 weeks when we discovered that one at our viability scan. The recovery from bleeding etc... was so much better. I hardly had any bleeding and din't have any clots. Maybe it was because I had my IVF Dr do this D&C???

I'm not brave enough for a ntural MC. I just want to deal with it and move on to start TTC again.

It's completely up to you what you would like to do. How far along are you? If you wait naturally it "could" take a while as your body has to recognise that there is no longer a viable pregnancy and as with my first I didn't know until 10 weeks at my OB office where she did a routine scan.
    Thanks lillypond.. 🌺
    I just wanted to hear what other people have been through.
    I saw my Dr today who has referred me to my OB whom I see tomorrow..
    I'm thinking I will go for the D&C coz I really don't think I could handle anymore emotional outbreaks...
    In saying that as I'm typing this I have lower back painπŸ˜₯ and light pains in my tummy like I'm getting my periodπŸ˜”.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck for today. The back pain and tummy pains could be the start of it. I never got that far as I just wanted it over with.

It's a crappy thing to go through. Hopefully you'll get some choices when you see the OB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I had a blighted ovum before I had dd I had a d&c.

So sorry for your loss xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saw the OB today and I am booked in for my D&C TuesdayπŸ˜“ unless I miss carry before then...my back pains and tummy pains settled down pretty early last night, I've had nothing all day until now pains have started again still not that hard just lightly... 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two blighted ovums in a row. The first we waited and hoped and l ended up miscarrying at 10 weeks. The second l was seeing an OB and he reccomended a D&C which l had. I found it much easier to move on the second time as I wasn't hoping for a miracle.. My 4 month old is now asleep in the next room, conceived 3 months after my D&C. It is a heartbreaking experience, but it makes you appreciate your baby even more when they finally arrive..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ewilliams For This Useful Post:

Kjlangel81  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good that he can get you in for a D&C. I hope you don't have to go through a natural MC over the weekend. I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyPonds For This Useful Post:

Kjlangel81  (29-06-2012)