+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I gained 13kg with DS1, about the same with DS2 and 6kg with DD. I had a normal appetite with the boys I had prolonged MS with DD white processed carbs made me feel like crap and made me dizzy as well so I avoided them both of those things combined kept my weight gain really low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    when i had my dd i started at 134kg - i was morbidly obese!!! After she was born i was 110kg. I had no morning sickness but had scar tissue and other complications that were incredibly painful and i spent the first 5-6 months pretty much in bed with no appetite. I also had GD so had to make myself eat towards the end.

In between having DD and getting pregnant again i gained back about 14-15kgs much to my disgust!!! I was 125kg when i got pregnant with DD2 and when i weighed myself 2 weeks ago i was 122kg. So ive lost weight overall but in the last 3 months have put on 3kg. Again i have GD but other than that i have had a good pregnancy.

Not putting on any weight at all during your pregnancy is doable provided you plan ahead. once i knew i was pregnant again i assumed i had GD so gave up everything lolly and takeaway and felt so much better for it. My aim this time round wasnt to lose massive amounts of weight but to manage my GD better as towards the end last time i spend heaps of time in hospital i forgot what my little house looked like lol!!!

Drs say most people will gain about 10kg during pregnancy and if i had of done this it would have been fine too i was just determined not to gain 25kg and end up bigger than when i started.

DD2 will be here in 2 weeks tops and i have my exercise and eating plan already in place.

Goodluck with your pregnancies ladies - if you eat healthy you cant go wrong!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was overweight when I got pregnant and my ob suggested that I not gain any weight  didn't know how I would manage that! In the end I only put on 6kg so was very happy with that. Was very healthy for the first 30 weeks or so and then ate what I wanted but being so pregnant meant I couldn't eat much anyway - thankfully as all I could stomach was potato chips and frozen coke. I think my blood sugars were low so this made me feel better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was 86kg when I got pregnant with my ds (#1). Only got back to 86kg at about 18 weeks due to MS then slowed gained a total of 8kg. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within 2 weeks of delivery, but then I stacked on the 8kg right back as I weaned him and continued bad food, so when he was 1, I was 94kg again!

I started my 2nd pregnancy at 88kg, not ideal (I'm 175cm tall, so I was 'overweight' not 'obese' at this weight) and I was trying to keep my weight as well controlled as possible. I didn't lose weight in my 2nd pregnancy and I gained throughout the whole pregnancy ending up at 102kg - the last 2kg coming on in the last few weeks. I was quite unimpressed with going over 100kg (my goal was to stay under 100kg), but by then I was reasonably accepting as there was little I could do. I had a massive bub (4.4kg), a big placenta, lots of amniotic fluid (although not out of 'normal' range) and I retained fluid. I was hardly able to eat anything without feeling full & getting reflux, so there wasn't much I could do to change my weight by the 3rd trimester. The good news was that by 2 weeks I was back at 88kg. I slowly gained 4kg though and I've been at 92kg for about 2 months now (my dd is almost 9 months old).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 87 kilos now (at 173cm tall) and I'm 7 weeks + 1. I'm terrified of gaining too much weight an would like to avoid putting on more than five kilos. Does anyone know if you're allowed to *lose* weight whilst pregnant? So long as you're eating healthily? (fruit/veggies etc..?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost 15kg when pregnant but am morbidly obese so nobody was overly concerned I was losing not gaining! I ate much more healthily when pregnant which was the cause I'm sure. DD was 7lb 4oz at birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was quite overweight with both pregnancies and am currently pregnant with no3 now. I've never gained more than 6kgs. I only gained 2kgs with 2nd pregnancy (morning sickness ) never had high bp, pe or gest diabetes. Have kept really healthy the whole time. None of my doctors have ever mentioned it to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like to reveal my weight, even anonymously! But, my BMI was 34.4. I only gained 5-6kg the whole pregnancy, and my immediate post baby weight was 5kg less than pre-preg weight.

I did throw up almost every day from 5 weeks until birth at 38 weeks, so that might have helped me!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoSummers View Post
    I'm 87 kilos now (at 173cm tall) and I'm 7 weeks + 1. I'm terrified of gaining too much weight an would like to avoid putting on more than five kilos. Does anyone know if you're allowed to *lose* weight whilst pregnant? So long as you're eating healthily? (fruit/veggies etc..?)
    I don't think it's a recommend goal just stick with as close to nature foods, whole grains lots of fresh veg and some fruit, you know the drill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    I don't like to reveal my weight, even anonymously! But, my BMI was 34.4. I only gained 5-6kg the whole pregnancy, and my immediate post baby weight was 5kg less than pre-preg weight.

I did throw up almost every day from 5 weeks until birth at 38 weeks, so that might have helped me!
    It's fun isn't it, blerh! I was the same BMI not sure what I was straight after birth, DD was 3.5kg and my placenta was 800g so I doubt I was far off my pre pregnancy weight.