+ Reply to Thread
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Costco

what kinda awesome things can u get?

Is it cheap?

Is it quality? Is it all american branded type of food etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Only really cheap if buying in bulk, which is the whole point I guess.

I just let my membership lapse as I was only going every few months - not worth the $60 annual fee. You need to go regularly to make the savings worthwhile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just went with my sister a couple of weeks ago. It's not bad but you would end up spending a lot since you are buying in bulk. Looks like a mixture of some "normal" brands and other brands I haven't heard of before.

I grabbed a 12x pack of small tins of Greenseas Tomato & onion tuna for $11.99 and could have bought 12x long life 1L So Good Soy milks for what would have worked out at aomething like $1.97 or $1.98 each. I got a big tub of dishwasher tablet thingys at a good price too but can't remember how much.

When I went it was crazy busy and I didn't really like it.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This company home delivers Costco items from the Melbourne store. Prices are higher so they make a profit and to cover delivery. The bigger/bulkier/heavier items have a more inflated price than small and light items that are closer to the shelf price in store. It should give you a good idea of their range of products. You can also get eye glasses made up in store.

LINK- Clickety click.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I joined up and spent way too much in first shop I think $400? Got all brands same as safeway. Toilet paper, chips, beer, paper towel, drinks even a north face jumper for $50! That's just to name a few bits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a member and have shopped
    Maybe 4 times there. As a family of 2 it's pointless, most things go off
    Before we use them. If your a small family maybe get one or 2 friends and split things

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is only my husband and I (at the moment) so I go with my mum and MIL and split things. Toilet paper is good, cleaning products, and freezer foods, such as chips, veges etc. Good if you are having a party to buy party food in bulk.
    I tend not to buy perishable items, as we just won't get through them.

We bought toilet paper just after xmas (60 rolls) and it lasted us until April. I plan on doing a big shop just before my baby is born of toilet paper, cleaning products etc to stock up.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks everyone, was thinking of going halves in things with my mum n dad and sister even?

Thanks for the link ^_^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's just hubby and I at the moment but we go once every few months and stock the freezer up and also split things with my mum.

In all honesty, things like their meat are not necessarily cheaper than what you would get at a butcher or even at the supermarket.

Our personal favorites from Costco are bagels (buy them fresh, then freeze them) and their pound cake (comes in a pack of 3 for $9 - we pre slice then freeze in individual serves. Take it out in the morning and it's defrosted by lunch!). I will often buy a bulk pack of gourmet sausages and bacon and then separate it into smaller serves for quick defrosting. Their free range eggs are good too!

Here's a tip - register with another couple as one household - you get two cards per household. That's what mum and I do - so we're only out $30 each a year for membership.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (27-06-2012)