+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Rego free for single mums?? I don't think so!!! I work with mostly single young Mums and I know Car expenses such as rego are often the hardest to pay.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    In NSW when I was a single parent I only ever paid CTP, rego itself was free.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    When were you working? My first job paid $320 (lol) for full-time work. But that was a decade ago!

The current legal minimum award rate of $589.30 is higher than a single parent with one child earns and if you have children you get FTB and rent assistance on top of your wage from work.
    i was working part time and having to pay for daycare, so yes, for me, once i stopped working and was on single parenting payment i was actually earning more (especially when taking into account child support aswell and no longer having DD in daycare). i am not saying that it is easy to be a single parent! i don't think anyone would, being a parent in general and trying to keep afloat is hard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brooke88(mum2b09) View Post
    In NSW when I was a single parent I only ever paid CTP, rego itself was free.
    yeah, this is what i was talking about, i thought it was rego. i think there a few things like that you can be exempt for when a single parent, i think some utility companies too!

anyway, i am NOT saying single parents have it easy.... i repeat, i am NOT saying single parents have it easy!!! parenting is hard, expensive work, single or partnered!!!! all i am saying is that if she agreed with OP she wanted a photo shoot as a gift (which was more expensive than a normal gift) than she should have had a little more consideration for OP when spending the money on something else, or atleast the decency to let her know that something important had come up and she wanted to use the money for that instead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's rude because you discussed it with her first and spent extra money on her. Ive had cash given to me for my bday, not for anything in particular and spent it on groceries then I feel sad wishing I'd bought myself something instead so I only ask for vouchers now. I wouldn't ask for it back it's already done now, but I really think she could have at least talked to you about it first.

Also maybe people should just comment on the OP and not turn this into an argument about single parents and how much money they get.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I think what she did was rude (based on the limited details). But I guess I kind of also agree that once she had the money it was really up to her to do with it what she pleased. OP I would just take it as a lesson learnt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    Also maybe people should just comment on the OP and not turn this into an argument about single parents and how much money they get.
    Happens in a lot of threads completely unrelated to single parenting. The mother in the OP happens to raise 4 children alone, so of course now we hear of how many perks she's getting and how easy she has it in comparison all because of a thread about an unwanted/unused gift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I'm sorry I responded to a post about single mothers thinking it was yours but it wasn't, it was Truely (sic) Blessed. Apologies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    When were you working? My first job paid $320 (lol) for full-time work. But that was a decade ago!

The current legal minimum award rate of $589.30 is higher than a single parent with one child earns and if you have children you get FTB and rent assistance on top of your wage from work.
    I wish my DP got 589.30! Lol he is an apprentice and I am a SAHM. He gets around $400. More than he got last year but not as much as min wage apparently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    I wish my DP got 589.30! Lol he is an apprentice and I am a SAHM. He gets around $400. More than he got last year but not as much as min wage apparently.
    No, of course that's not apprentices. They're paid appallingly. That's the minimum adult wage - a family with one working would still have to work pretty hard to earn less than a single mum. A single mum's wage of ~$500 pw includes all benefits wheras employees on wages with children receive assistance on top of their weekly wage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happens in a lot of threads completely unrelated to single parenting. The mother in the OP happens to raise 4 children alone, so of course now we hear of how many perks she's getting and how easy she has it in comparison all because of a thread about an unwanted/unused gift.
    yes and a lot of the time, as in this one, it is single mothers that bring it up! noone said there were 'perks' with being a single parent, i was pointing out wahat assistance i was able to get when a single mother, which all helped!!

anyway, single parents win, they have it the hardest, will that end this ridiculous game of who has it toughest??!!! as you said, this thread was not about single versus partnered, but it seems nothing can be said about 'this' single mother without it becoming an argument!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by truely blessed View Post
    yes and a lot of the time, as in this one, it is single mothers that bring it up! noone said there were 'perks' with being a single parent, i was pointing out wahat assistance i was able to get when a single mother, which all helped!!

anyway, single parents win, they have it the hardest, will that end this ridiculous game of who has it toughest??!!! as you said, this thread was not about single versus partnered, but it seems nothing can be said about 'this' single mother without it becoming an argument!
    Erm, your situation has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's cousin. From what I gather you had an ex who was bad at money management, hence you had a "higher" household income on your own? You had one child?

The OP has 4 children and we do not know, nor should we assume, what kind of assistance she receives. For all we know she could be too broke to even have a car, she could drive a Merc but pay full fees.

Your situation is not relevant to hers, neither was mine when I was a single mum.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (28-06-2012)