+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we have two loos that usually get a wipe down with loo paper or a quick scrub with the brush each day (for drips and skiddies)

Then when ever I clean the bathrooms (can vary from every week to every fortnight) I wipe down the icky bits on seat/rim with loo paper and flush then squirt some method lil' bowl cleaner (lovely eucalyptus & mint fragrance)in around the bowl, wipe down the cistern, outside, seat under seat and rim with enjo glove - follow in that order with enjo miracle, use enjo flexi to get up under rim and base of bowl - then flush.

If there has been a virus through teh house it gets done every day with tea tree or eucalyptus oil.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    And here I was feeling silly for asking.. But clearly there is more than one way to clean a toilet lol. Your method is completely different to mine :-)

I clean once every 4 days, I use toilet paper to wipe up wee and yucky guck under the seat and around the outside of bowl. I then use a cloth & sugar soap spray or similar starting at top working down, I finish off with bleach in the bowl with toilet brush.

***Sent from my phone***
    Same here!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every single day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    I clean the toilet every few days.

I use a baby wipe to wipe from the top to the bottom (including lid and seat), put toilet duck (or similar generic brand) under the rim and leave that to sit for a few minutes then come back and flush the toilet whilst scrubbing with the toilet brush.

Maybe once a month I'll wipe down the outside of the bowl too. I always have a flushy thing hanging off the side of the bowl too and it gets changed once a month or as needed.

Flylady says 'nothing says I love you like a clean toilet to throw up in' LOL.
    This is me. I also put bleach or pineoclean or the like in while it sits waiting.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    After I spray the toilet, I only wipe down with toilet paper. I hate the thought of washing the rag/sponge or wasting money on wipes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    probably not often enough to be honest.... but I do try to give more like the rim and lid a wipe and spray down frequently because jasper touches it. I had trouble toilet training him and part of it was sooooo many times telling him to not touch the toilet!!! so I try to do that often.

but cleaning the whole thing top to bottom... we have three of the bloody things so probably only fortnightly because it's a reasonably annoying task now! plus I have to do it when jasper isn't around - because he's very helpful :-/ and when I wont have to touch the baby (wahhh I just typed newborn but she's not any more!!!!)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    oh & I use the glen 20 spray + wipes over the whole thing, scrub inside with the brush, spray some more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3InATub View Post
    Lol, keep in mind I am a little OCD.

I clean my toilet once a week thoroughly and then quick wipe overs when I have people over in between.

I use toilet duck inside and then scrub. I then use spray and wipe (citrus) around the complete bottom and outside. I then lift up the lid and spray n wipe on top of the bowl and along all connector joints. I then spray n wipe the bottom and top of the actual seat. I then spray n wipe the back box and top and around the flush button. It takes a good 10 minutes and then it's done.
    (thank goodness we only have 2 toilets) I do have issues with getting any rusty looking bits around any of the latch thingies that lift the lids... Ha ha
    Lol I take it one step further...

I remove the whole seat/lid part, and soak in hot water with domestos in the laundry tub. I hate the idea of grossness hiding in the hinges.

The rest gets spray n wipe (outside) and domestos (inside).
    Last edited by Stiflers Mom; 26-06-2012 at 22:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 or 3 times a week, but in a little over a week I start home daycare so it will be twice a day. I spray and wipr over the outside and use a cleaner for the inside. Weekends will be a full disinfectant from top to bottom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1-3 times a week. Only takes a minute to duck and scrub with the toilet brush. I'll also wipe over the outside with toilet paper or paper towel probably weekly.

Eta - I HATE blue-loo! Smells like public toilet, but dh keeps buying it & using it