+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How often do you clean the toilet?

So... Just a general query, How often? And also... Wondering if I am using the most efficient technique... What do you use and whats your toilet cleaning technique?

***Sent from my phone***

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I clean the toilet every few days.

I use a baby wipe to wipe from the top to the bottom (including lid and seat), put toilet duck (or similar generic brand) under the rim and leave that to sit for a few minutes then come back and flush the toilet whilst scrubbing with the toilet brush.

Maybe once a month I'll wipe down the outside of the bowl too. I always have a flushy thing hanging off the side of the bowl too and it gets changed once a month or as needed.

Flylady says 'nothing says I love you like a clean toilet to throw up in' LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once a week. We have 2 and they get used equally so I figure it's the same as cleaning it twice a week
    I use bleach. Pour it around the bowl and use a brush with one of those bits that goes up under the rim as well. I also use bleach on the seat, cistern and outside the bowl.

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wipe it with an antibacterial wipe, give it a scrub with a brush (no product though) sploosh some antiseptic stuff and bicarb in there and leave it until I need to pee next, then flush and go. Oh - once a week at least, unless we have guests then more often. There are only 2 of us and we're both girls so it doesn't get pee in strange places
    Last edited by rainbow road; 26-06-2012 at 14:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And here I was feeling silly for asking.. But clearly there is more than one way to clean a toilet lol. Your method is completely different to mine :-)

I clean once every 4 days, I use toilet paper to wipe up wee and yucky guck under the seat and around the outside of bowl. I then use a cloth & sugar soap spray or similar starting at top working down, I finish off with bleach in the bowl with toilet brush.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    I clean the toilet every few days.

I use a baby wipe to wipe from the top to the bottom (including lid and seat), put toilet duck (or similar generic brand) under the rim and leave that to sit for a few minutes then come back and flush the toilet whilst scrubbing with the toilet
    Maybe once a month I'll wipe down the outside of the bowl too. I always have a flushy thing hanging off the side of the bowl too and it gets changed once a month or as needed.

Flylady says 'nothing says I love you like a clean toilet to throw up in' LOL.
    THIS!!!!
    only difference is I use antibacterial wipes and instead of the hanging flush I use the loo blue which you put in the cistern. Had to many of the hanging ones disappear down the loo.

If we are unwell or anyone has diahorrea is clean the loo daily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Once a week it gets are really good clean without fail sometimes more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wipe the seat, underneath the seat and the rim of the bowl with flushable wipes daily. Every couple of days I scrub with a brush and use some nice scented toilet cleaner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Every weekend, or more if DS pees all over it

I leave some Seventh Generation toilet cleaner in the bowl for a bit, then give it a good scrub. Then wipe it all over with disinfectant, including the bottom of the toilet.. then flush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It gets scrubbed as required and floors cleaned the same (little boys...)

But generally

Pineoclean wiped often
    Loo duck and scrubbed twice a week.

Antibac wipes are the best thing ever as you can just flush!