+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bex is offline Pushy Princess Perfects Don't Push On Me I Bite :P
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD2 was born at 35 weeks. She was 6'14. Spent one week intubated and one in special care. She is just fine now

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bex For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my bub at 25+2 weeks in July last year (she will be 1 on the 9th!). She was 680g and 31cm. We had to be flown by the flying doctors to a bigger hospital 400km away. It was a long long journey for us. She was ventilated for 2 weeks and cpap for 9 weeks. Emergency surgery at 9 days old due to a hole in her intestine from infection (I couldn't believe they were able to operate on a baby being 700g!) she had a stoma for 8 weeks which was then closed again. She had a number of infections, 12 blood transfusions, slightly damaged eyes (due to oxygen usage) and struggles to put on weight (despite a massive appetite!). We had her home for 2 weeks before being flown back to hospital for emergency surgery due to a blocked bowel (from scar tissue). Home for 2 weeks and then flown back for a third time for more surgery for another obstructed bowel and a hernia. We were in hospital for almost 6 months, discharged on boxing day 2011. She's now almost 1, weighs 5.75kg and is 65cm. She's doing well developmentally (with the help of physio) and a really happy little girl! I'm 17 weeks pregnant now, so OB is keeping a close eye on me, fortnightly ultrasounds and I take progesterone daily. There was no reason given for the early delivery, just went into labour and it couldn't be stopped, my waters broke about 2 mins before she was born. My fingers are crossed to at least get past 30 weeks this time!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Smcj For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (02-07-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nat11 View Post
    How are you feeling today OP?
    She's still hanging in there It must be just the fact she's getting so big now that her movements are becoming painful and I'm getting frequent BH and feeling more and more like I'm carrying around a bowling ball!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smcj View Post
    I had my bub at 25+2 weeks in July last year (she will be 1 on the 9th!). She was 680g and 31cm. We had to be flown by the flying doctors to a bigger hospital 400km away. It was a long long journey for us. She was ventilated for 2 weeks and cpap for 9 weeks. Emergency surgery at 9 days old due to a hole in her intestine from infection (I couldn't believe they were able to operate on a baby being 700g!) she had a stoma for 8 weeks which was then closed again. She had a number of infections, 12 blood transfusions, slightly damaged eyes (due to oxygen usage) and struggles to put on weight (despite a massive appetite!). We had her home for 2 weeks before being flown back to hospital for emergency surgery due to a blocked bowel (from scar tissue). Home for 2 weeks and then flown back for a third time for more surgery for another obstructed bowel and a hernia. We were in hospital for almost 6 months, discharged on boxing day 2011. She's now almost 1, weighs 5.75kg and is 65cm. She's doing well developmentally (with the help of physio) and a really happy little girl! I'm 17 weeks pregnant now, so OB is keeping a close eye on me, fortnightly ultrasounds and I take progesterone daily. There was no reason given for the early delivery, just went into labour and it couldn't be stopped, my waters broke about 2 mins before she was born. My fingers are crossed to at least get past 30 weeks this time!
    Wow, that is nothing less than amazing! I can't quite get my head around that, born at just 25 weeks. A little miracle She sure sounds like a fighter, well done. That must have been such a traumatic thing to go through, yet at the same time a beautiful, lucky and positive experience.
    Best wishes for you with this pregnancy