+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default DD turned 1 yesterday..and I cried.

Hi all.

Well I haven't been on as much as I'd like to be because I have been finding it hard to come to terms with something; DD turning 1. Yes, my beautiful little sweetheart turned 1 yesterday and I spent a good part of Sunday night crying into DFs arms, much to his amusement.

It's weird, we had the party on Saturday and it was a wonderful day; full of love and laughter but it really hit me on Sunday once all the excitement was leaving.

I'm not sure if it is the depression or anxiety, but the thought of her having a birthday and, well, time already leaves us as quick as it goes, the thought of her leaving home, or even leaving for school or kindy in just a couple of years just made me a mess.

Please tell me I'm not the only one? Has anyone else cried at their little one growing up right before their eyes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No youre not the only one, my babies are 9 and 6

I can't believe that this year my little man started kindy and next year (shock horror) my little girl will be double digits (10)

I just try to enjoy each and every day with them because they do grow up too quickly.
    Last edited by cluckcluck; 26-06-2012 at 12:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We went to an open day last week for DS kindy and I bawled the whole time! ( DS is only 20 months !)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I understand that feeling of being so sad they are growing up, I really do.

On the upside though, from 1 year onwards they just get SO much cuter, and can communicate more with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My girl is 3.5 yrs ....I cry!!!!!

It does go too fast..but thats life ..enjoy ..cherish..do all the things you want to do with them whilst they are little.. give plenty of cuddles and kisses !!!

I am off to hug my girl!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naww thanks ladies...glad I'm not the only one. It's sooooo weird, I'm usually pretty solid about this stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try being pregnant in the bargain and you've got a big emotional mess on your hands .

DD turns 2 in a few weeks and I often look at her and wonder where the time went. She's growing up too fast!!! But on the other hand, she is just so damn cute and getting cuter by the day. I love watching her grow and change and watching her learn new things. We just have to treasure the time we have with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was a bit upset when my daughter turned 3 as I wondered where the time went!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My oldest (nearly 2.5) went into her big girl bed on Sunday. I was watching her sleep in it last night and cried - she is growing up way too fast and I've often thought that one day she'll start school, she'll graduate, she'll have her heart broken, she'll fall in love, she'll get married, she'll have kids and it makes me all emotional!

And DD2 turns 1 in August! *sniff, sniff*

Hugs!