+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i went through radio rentals years ago now was my only option at the time wouldnt do it again. I have also used Certegy before for a vacuum cleaner and some pixi photos. I do recommend them highly. my vacuum cleaner didnt require a deposit but the photos did (25%) and you have to be working atleast part time. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used radio rentals for the last 3 years!!
    When you don't have cash to buy outright it's a good thing that you have this option!! Yes you end up paying more than what you would if you were to buy outright but if you don't have the cash laying around and you NEED a fridge etc it's a huge help!!!

I pay through centre pay and have always been in credit never had an issue really!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    with certegy you do need to check the paper work they send you to make sure the amount and frequency are correct mine werent with the photos but once you let them know there are no penalties and all debits went smoothly.

The interest free loans for centrlink and low income earners are great - look up NILS (no interest loan scheme) and you should find the charity group in your area that runs the scheme. NAB also has something similar but not sure which charity group administers the service. You can borrow upto $1200 for one item only with NILS and you pay back 3% per fornight so if you borrow $700 for washing machine your payment is $21 fortnight minimum you can increase this and payout early if you like. Payments are either Direct Debit or Centrepay and once youve finished paying one you can apply for another straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I applied at radio rentals for a few items. They took a bit longer then expected to get back to me because they couldn't contact some of my references.When they finally did get back to me they could only offer me a 32" LCD for X amount. I told them thanks anyway but for the price I was going to have to pay back I would have been better off just purchasing a 32" LCD outright. I told them I wouldn't be requiring the LCD and to cancel my application.A few days later I had the radio rentals delivery man at my door saying my new TV was here and to sign this (appeared to be a contract).Told him No I had cancelled everything. He was fine with that and left.
    Last edited by Cromo; 28-06-2012 at 11:06.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My bestie is bring ripped off hard by RR.
    She rented a 40 inch plasma from them last year and is going to end up paying nearly 4k for it! She could get the same thing from JB now for about $600.

Laybuy, people! When did people stop forgetting this option? Sure, you have to wait for it but wouldn't it be better to pay less for it and OWN it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    My bestie is bring ripped off hard by RR.
    She rented a 40 inch plasma from them last year and is going to end up paying nearly 4k for it! She could get the same thing from JB now for about $600.

Laybuy, people! When did people stop forgetting this option? Sure, you have to wait for it but wouldn't it be better to pay less for it and OWN it?
    My bil pays me out about laybuying. I laybuy everything !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I rent a couch through them and i now regret it. I was put on a 36mth contract when originally i was told it was 24mths before i signed the contract. Paying over 3k for a couch that i could of paid $800 for at the time but i never had the cash so i deseprate times call for desperate measures.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub