+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My son got to the age of 8 or 9 and refused to go to the womens toilets. No amount of convincing or bribing would convince him otherwise.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Nope, I know what I meant and what I was thinking when I wrote it. Somebody implied that others should be standing in the cubicle with their child - I said WTF why?

I still stood with DS in the cubicle until recently, only because he is starting to tell me that he would like privacy and I respect that.

There is no way in hell I will let DS go to the toilets alone for some time, but others who do differently it doesn't even cross my mind.
    I didn't read anybody saying that you or anybody should be doing that, only that that's what they do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Actually I started this thread and I stated that I was uncomfortable with MY husband leaving MY child alone at 4 years of age in a cubicle when there are other men on either side.

Where did I say that I thought YOU were being neglectful if you didn't??

You seem to be MAJORLY on the defensive

***Sent from my phone***
    Can I ask why though? I'm not judging - you may have reasons that haven't occurred to me and others as to why you are uncomfortable with you son in a cubicle alone with men either side, and it may cause me and others to rethink our toileting strategies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Jasper is 4 in November (*sob*) & I wouldn't let him go in a cubicle alone because he might play with the loo, touch the floor etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Can I ask why though? I'm not judging - you may have reasons that haven't occurred to me and others as to why you are uncomfortable with you son in a cubicle alone with men either side, and it may cause me and others to rethink our toileting strategies.
    Purely because he's 4 and how would my hubby know if the guy next cubicle was copping a perve? Since thinking about it a bit more I Probably was going a bit over the top, I was just wanting to make sure my husband was adequately supervising that's all.
    Anyway... Thats really not what this whole thread was about. My main question was regarding age etc.
    ***Sent from my phone***
    Last edited by Happy2be3; 28-06-2012 at 22:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Jasper is 4 in November (*sob*) & I wouldn't let him go in a cubicle alone because he might play with the loo, touch the floor etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    I see your point... Public Toilets can be disgusting, and I'm talking about the women's. Ive lost count of the number of times I've gone into a cubicle and found blood on the seat/floor. And 90% of the time there is pee on the seat and floor. Some people are ferrel, I wouldn't let my 4 year old go into a cubicle on his own either purely for hygeine..

Thanks
    Reviews
    ladies toilets are so gross. Ive worked in shopping centres and i always think 'arnt we meant to be ladies!?!' i use the disabled toilets myself if its just a quick wee but even then it seems like the public toilets in majority of places in bris are neglected so id rather hold it.

My MIL told me she used to get dh to just go in the carpark instead of risk him going to the public mens.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Actually I started this thread and I stated that I was uncomfortable with MY husband leaving MY child alone at 4 years of age in a cubicle when there are other men on either side.

Where did I say that I thought YOU were being neglectful if you didn't??

You seem to be MAJORLY on the defensive

***Sent from my phone***
    I am? I'm totally calm, you seem to be the one writing in caps. Anyway, yes, I do believe that tellling your husband what to do with your and his child while he takes him out is pretty full on. I would be so hurt and feel betrayed if DP told me how to raise DS and told me I was doing it wrong.

I still stood in cubicle with Ds at age 4

Obviously my msg came across badly....but meh. I know what I meant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lol Dh and i discuss what we find acceptable all the time.

i dont think its telling him what to do but i am not just going to let him do whatever... and he would
    voice his
    opinion with me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (01-07-2012)