+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    You know what, I agree with you. I think we live in a way more paranoid society, and statistically (I heard, not gonna bother looking for the stats) crime hasn't increased at all, but we just hear about it on a global scale now, so it seems like more. We can all cite an incident where something had has happened that made the news. Having said that, I'll take my boy to the loo until he tells me otherwise, because they are pretty gross places in general. But I don't live in fear of monsters hiding in the loos. Also the comments about men having sex, they usually have particular toilets that are known beats, they aren't usually hanging out in family restaurants.
    Regarding the last statement- there is a large shopping centre in Brisbane that apparently has a glory hole in between two cubicals in the men's toilets. There is whole websites dedicated to public beats and it's creepy how many are in popular public places where children may be.

As for the OP, it's not something I have though too much about as I only have a daughter, but I imagine high school, but would prefer parents rooms over ladies until then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Which shopping centre luna?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I think a lot of dodgy stuff goes on in public toilets. There was always huge problems with homosexual activity at the toilets outside the library at Stones Corner. There was also another i remember there being a newspaper article on somewhere around carina/carindale way.
    Some pervert had drilled peep holes in the walls looking into female toilets in the Stones Corner shopping centre.
    There would be a million more stories similar and much worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a paedophile, but if I were and saw a child under the age of 10, alone in a toilet, what do YOU think I'd be thinking?

Not worth the risk. I'll buy myself a hat with rotating blades on it, and be happy that I know 100% that my kids are safe with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylent View Post
    I'm not a paedophile, but if I were and saw a child under the age of 10, alone in a toilet, what do YOU think I'd be thinking?

Not worth the risk. I'll buy myself a hat with rotating blades on it, and be happy that I know 100% that my kids are safe with me.
    Correct!! And having the background that I do, I can confidently guarantee you there is at least one "registered" sex offender in your suburb (of course this doesn't include those that haven't been caught). People just don't realise how many there are. And they shop where you do, and they eat at the local fast food chain, and the reality is these people - not always men - are opportunistic and habitual in their criminal activity. And as some pp said - this is based solely on the number of reported cases.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eviezmum For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (27-06-2012),MissMuppet  (27-06-2012),VicPark  (27-06-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A lot of beats are also at parks - with children areas too. Though I don't know anyone who uses the public toilets at parks. Ew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylent View Post

I don't understand what you mean by that statement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why are we suddenly talking about homosexuals anyway? They aren't there for kids. Dodgy stuff happens in both male and female toilets. I've seen many a junkie, or hetero couple shagging, or creepy person in the ladies too. It's just common sense to check all toilets first.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (27-06-2012),cluckcluck  (27-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Which shopping centre luna?
    I have PM's you the location.

Why are we suddenly talking about homosexuals anyway? They aren't there for kids. Dodgy stuff happens in both male and female toilets. I've seen many a junkie, or hetero couple shagging, or creepy person in the ladies too. It's just common sense to check all toilets first.
    Glory holes and beats are not just for homosexuals- "straight" men use them too.

And it's got nothing to do with sexuality IMO, just the exposure factor. I don't care if it's straight/gay/solo/men/women or anything else- I don't want my child seeing it.

ETA: I feel that by being with my child, or using the parents room, I can minimise the risk or amount of exposure and censor it by removing the child if possible. If they were along, I would not be able to do the same. In theory anyway.
    Last edited by Luna Lovegood; 27-06-2012 at 16:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My point was to do with exposure. And if I check before hand ( then wait outside) I wouldn't have an issue

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Plan2bamummy For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (27-06-2012)