+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellanora View Post
    my cat used to pee EVERYWHERE! someone suggested that i should tie up the kitty next t it's litter box for atleast a week. Did itl WORKED!!!
    What?! That's really cruel! Cats are fastidious animals and usually only urinate or defecate away from their tray if there's something wrong.
    They do NOT like being restricted to the area that their tray is in, how would you like to be tied to your toilet for a week and be expected to eat your meals in there too?

My cat has only just stopped peeing on the floor on our hallway and it was because her food bowls were too close to her tray and she was unhappy about it.
    Took us ages and a lot of frustration to work that out, but we CERTAINLY wouldn't tie her up near her tray for a week!

Please don't follow that advice, whether it worked or not it's a very mean and unkind thing to do to a pet.
    If you use a bio clothes washing powder like biozet mixed with water, it will neutralize the smell of the urine so the cat won't be drawn back there. Then once you're done that a couple of times and it's dry, you can spray on febreeze if there's still a smell (although the ammonia smell that draws the cat should be gone).
    I'd say your puss just did it because of the discomfort after surgery. I don't know what happened but kitties even in mild pain will sometimes go out of the tray because they're trying to avoid more pain. Whether stepping into the tray, squatting, or bowl movements themselves hurt.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again, although even if it does I think given that your puss has not long had surgery it CERTAINLY doesn't deserve cruel punishment .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

waterlily  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my cat used to pee EVERYWHERE! someone suggested that i should tie up the kitty next t it's litter box for atleast a week. Did itl WORKED!!!
    That is disgusting.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whoever gave you that advice, never talk to them again. God knows what stupid things they'd tell you to do to your kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if serious :what:

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh don't worry! I'd never do that. PP are you serious? How cruel!

Smell is still there. I've tried everything. It must have really soaked down into the couch. It seems to be slooooowly dissipating though so I guess it will just take time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It can be pretty potent stuff. If it's still smelly it sounds like it's soaked through, you've probably got the top part of the couch clean, but might be the padding underneath that you can't get to.

You could try putting lots of essential oil on the couch? (if it won't ruin it). You also might be able to dry it out with a hair dryer it might still be damp underneath the upholstery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bet3 View Post
    White vinegar is supposed to cut out the pee smell.

This!