+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone been able to improve the quality of their eggs?

I have a friend who has a very low ahm and tried ivf. She only produced 2 eggs of low quality and therefore it didn't work (neither egg survived to even implant). She has been told theres no point of trying ivf again unless she uses donor eggs - which for religious reasons, she cant do. Obviously she is just devastated.

Im wondering if anyone else was in the same situation but was able to improve the quality of their eggs through medication or natural remedies and had a miracle bub? I would love to be able to give her some hope and direction of what she could do rather than give up all hope. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How many rounds of ivf has she done? Usually it takes an average of 6 to achieve pregnancy according to my clinic. I gave up after doing one but decided to jump back onto ivf wagon a year later. I got my BFP on my 4th cycle. I have lower amh as well and DH has mfi. It takes many factors to achieve success. I think ivf takes a lot of endurance...I have seen some who has done more than 9 to get their bfp...myself I know I won't have that much endurance or $. I would probably stop at cycle 6 if I didn't achieve my bfp.

I actually got a natural bfp in between ivf...and for that month I used the Preseed sperm friendly lubricant. Surprisingly we got pregnant but m/c at 6 weeks. With our last cycle ( 4th), I decided to quit doing accupuncture and do foot reflexology. I also intensively self massaged my tummy and legs during my follicle phase leading up to Egg retrieval...this was self-initiated but reinforced by my TCM doctor...he said it was a fantastic idea cos according to TCM, some channels in me might be blocked. Whether all these helped with getting better egg quality I don't know, but we did get 100% fertilisation(which we never had) that cycle and one embryo has developed into a bub and is now growing in my womb...he is now 23 weeks+...

I was on the antagonist cycle and had pregnyl injections added.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much for your reply! Its great to hear a success story. If you dont mind me asking, back when you were still trying, would you appreciate friends looking into these things for you or would you be annoyed? I know everyone reacts differently. I dont want to seem insensitive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Couple of things she could try: coq10 and dhea. I am also looking into melatonin for my next cycle. Suggest she does some googling about the above medications and speak to her FS. She really Needs to be on them for minimum 3 months before cycling. Without knowing her exact protocol and previous ones, it's difficult to suggest where, in her protocol and ivf specific drugs, changes could be made.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe try Chinese herbs?