+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Still really confused as to what he mean by "the men would understand?" Understand what exactly?
    Stupid men maybe ? Or stupid people in general.

He wouldn't be near my child and I would have no hesitation reporting him to the police. Obviously he doesn't understand any other way.
    And not all men think like that and neither do all young men.
    My ex was young when we met and he always used car seats even in his hotted up car he had seats professionally fitted much to his friends disapproval.
    Both my exs have done up cars and at one stage where young and ALWAYS used car seats. I guess they just take their kids lives seriously.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I still can't believe he thinks it's ok! Please let us know what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your husband is a **** and I feel sick with worry about your child's life. No, the men would not understand. My DH wouldn't understand how someone could risk their child's life. I'm so upset & angry after reading the OP.

I'd leave him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That behaviour is completely unacceptable as the others have said. Make it VERY clear to him that it's not your rules, it's illegal to have a 21mo in a car without being in a child restraint with a 5 point harness. AND, having a child in the front seat is SO dangerous and illegal under the age of 7 (even with a restraint) unless there are younger children in restraints filling up all the back seats AND the airbag is turned off (which is not easy to do).

As for the so called excuse that daycare is only 1km away, well most accidents happen close to home. The fact that you are more relaxed close to home and as a result are more likely to take risks/become complaicent (?spelling) in such familiar territory ... and of course even if you drive carefully, it's the area that you are most likely to drive in as it's close to home.

Tell him to grow up and take his child's safety seriously and stop breaking the law!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What a douche

DH said the same thing as DL. "f-ing moron"

Call the cops in child protection and talk to them and they will probably come out and talk to him about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a complete & utter moron.
    I'd call the cops on him & ask them to give him a lecture.

Just because you think you are a good driver a) doesn't mean you are & b) being a good driver won't certainly save you from the other drivers.

OP, hope he grows up & does the right thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband races cars on a track for a hobby, and I consider him to be the safest driver I know, yet there is no way in heck that he wouldn't put our kids in their car seats, even driving around in the paddock of the track, where only other racers drive, at a measly 10km/h.

If I was married to the OP's DH, there is no way I would be leaving my child in his care alone after he has told me that he has ignored my previous warning. That is just a blatant disregard of the child's safety and the other parent's wishes. THAT IS A DEAL BREAKER!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is there a reason you need his help with this? My dd is nearly 9 and just at the stage of sitting in some cars withoit a booster depending on how the seatbelt fits. I have been in 2 accidents, one at low speed, we were hit from behind. The other one was in January this year I was T-boned by a stupid driver who went through a giveway sign doing 30k over the limit. Crushed the front passenger side and the back door on that side. My father runs a driving school. I am a good driver. If anyone was in the passenger seat they would have been seriously injured. A child would likely be dead. I would do all the driving with the baby if I were you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by bebehvala View Post
    Mine said call the cops!! That'll teach him.
    My response exactly. Call the police, tell them what he did. Let him deal with the consequences.

I'm sorry your DH is such a d!ck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DH was as disgusted as myself.

With that attitude he would be my XDH. No way would I ever trust my child with that idiot.