+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    i don't understand a father not seeing his child as the most precious thing in the world. thats not a father in my eyes nor is he a man in my eyes he he is far from someone i would want to be either let alone want my child to be with. as a mother i could not ever let this happen again to my child he can't be trusted to look after him.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Sounds like he loves his child very much and has made a faulty/poor risk assessment. And sounds like it won't happen again from what the op has said. People make mistakes..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Sounds like he loves his child very much and has made a faulty/poor risk assessment. And sounds like it won't happen again from what the op has said. People make mistakes..

Agreed. OP, it sounds like he has realised that he made a terrible mistake, I hope everything works out xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just don't know if I could trust him again. Not just with the drive to care, anytime alone with the child. As others have said, he clearly doesn't have your sons safety as a priority. Maybe answering the phone will have a higher priority than watching him in the bath? This isn't a small thing and it's happened twice. I don't think I could love someone after that.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

beccacino  (27-06-2012),MommaBear  (26-06-2012)

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read everybody's replies but thought I would share (so sorry if something similar has already been said).

I was in a car accident when I was 17, broke my femur, my ribs, my nose and was lucky that was all that happened. The accident was not the drivers fault, we were T-Boned by a person running a red light and the car I was a passenger in was wrapped around a telegraph pole. I am a very cautious driver.

Just last week I nearly had a head on collision with a person who decided it was a good idea to turn a corner and drive on the wrong side of the road (passed on the wrong side of the island in the middle). He nearly took us out! I was so mad and could see the person in the other car laughing like it was a joke. At the time I was driving in the backstreets about 500m from where I live. Luckily I wasn't going very fast (about 40-50k) and was able to stop before the moron hit me.

My DD NEVER goes anywhere without being restrained in a car seat. I cannot fathom why any person let alone the childs father would think it is appropriate to take such a risk with such precious cargo.

If it were me I'd tell him to put the child in the carseat as per the law, or pack his bags and leave. Perhaps he needs a wake up call to understand the seriousness of the situation.
    Last edited by jbish; 26-06-2012 at 15:37. Reason: spelling errors... lack of coffee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I just don't know if I could trust him again. Not just with the drive to care, anytime alone with the child. As others have said, he clearly doesn't have your sons safety as a priority. Maybe answering the phone will have a higher priority than watching him in the bath? This isn't a small thing and it's happened twice. I don't think I could love someone after that.
    Oh what?! Wow.. I feel so sorry for your husband. We all do silly things and make poor choices. That's not what makes us who we are.. it must be good being perfect!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (27-06-2012),Pearl Barley  (27-06-2012),Super Trooper  (26-06-2012)

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    While I don't think it would stop me loving my DF, I would seriously have to consider the safety of my DD, if I were in the same situation as the OP. I agree with Wise Enough that I think a person who would risk their child's safety like this obviously doesn't have the safety aspect as a priority, and it would, for me call into question whether I could trust him to take care of our child's safety. I love my DF, but if he did what OP's partner did, I would not be taking it lightly. I don't expect perfection from my DD's dad, nor does he expect perfection from me, hell, noone is PERFECT, but what I do expect is the very basic's of her safety being put ahead of everything else, and if he couldn't do that, I would have to consider our situation and what is best for my DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Oh what?! Wow.. I feel so sorry for your husband. We all do silly things and make poor choices. That's not what makes us who we are.. it must be good being perfect!!!

I think the concern was that he did it, tried to justify it when op was horrified and then did it again!

How many times do you need to make a poor choice?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartiecat View Post
    I think the concern was that he did it, tried to justify it when op was horrified and then did it again!

How many times do you need to make a poor choice?
    Yeah fair enough but op said he now "gets it" so hopefully that's it.. no need for people to go on and on about what an awful excuse for a man he is.. sounds like he thought he was justified and now realises he's not. I used to think it was okay to do lots of things I now know are wrong.. some people do need more time to think things through.. others have stubborn minds and have to get past that first.
    Op I hope you don't need to worry about this anymore.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (26-06-2012),LoveLivesHere  (26-06-2012),MissMuppet  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I think in Vic its 7 to sit in the front seat- unless all the back seats are taken up by younger kids- then kids between the age of 4-6 may travel in the front seat.

I still tell my 9 yr old you have to be a teenager
    4-6 Yr olds can sit in the front seat in their booster and I think there's a height/weight requirement they have to meet to take them out of the booster before 7.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent read the whole thread, but could you report him to the police, then they will flag the rego and check hes being safe, everytime they see him.