+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    My DP is a very blokey bloke. He loves his 4wd'ing and has driven up to Cape York and across the Simpson Desert. His response was "he's a phuk1ng idiot" and I would have to agree.

Generally speaking there are 2 variables when it comes to a risk assessment, probability and impact. Whilst the probability might be very low, the impact could be catastrophic so it is really worth the risk? Think about not ever getting to hold your child ever again. Think about never hearing them cry and longing to hear them cry once more. What if they are injured to the point where they never recover and are disabled for the rest of their life? How would you feel looking at your child ever day knowing that your child is in this state because of your negligence and stupidity. Could you really live with yourself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    I know people who have under 12's in the front seat all the time. My cousins 5 yr old jumped in the front as they left my house on the weekend

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Sometimes I wonder what justification some people use to convince them selves that it's OK?

My sister used to drive with her DD in her front seat when she should have been in a carseat. I forget how old she was but her excuse was because her DD would chuck a tanty everytime she tried to get her in her seat. Well my sister learned her lesson after being cought by the police and fined and loss of demerit points.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In ACT you allowed to sit in the front seat from 7 onwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    personally i would youtube what happens to babies who are not put in restraints etc. shock it into him!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sandy_1902 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    In ACT you allowed to sit in the front seat from 7 onwards.
    its the same in WA too

Thanks
    Reviews
    7 years old is too young for the front seat if you have air bags.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think in Vic its 7 to sit in the front seat- unless all the back seats are taken up by younger kids- then kids between the age of 4-6 may travel in the front seat.

I still tell my 9 yr old you have to be a teenager

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightsilverstar View Post
    Thank you all so very much for your replies! This was exactly what I expected and passed most of them on to my husband.

Im on my iPhone and there were so many things I wanted to quote to say particular thanks to, for example the real life stories, how utterly heart breaking and all of your experiences too. I am going to sit him down tonight to read them.

His excuses are
    1 our son loves it
    2 it's a short drive and he is going slow
    3 he never sees another vehicle ever on his way to day care

I think my dh likes being 'fun dad' and didn't really think about the ramifications - no excuse though.

Whilst crying and reading him the few responses I had last night he promised he wouldn't do it again and was so hurt by the fact I thought he would ever put our son in danger ( I quickly pointed out that was exactly what he had done twice)

Also I think he thought woman would be more like me, where I worry about our sons welfare all day every day and he is very relaxed and carefree (prob why I worry so much) and if I left him and we weren't together I assume he would be more reckless because he wouldn't have to answer to anyone.

I can only think he thinks other 'men' are relaxed and could see I was over exaggerating and that the risk was that small it would never happen, I told him once is all it takes. So please keep replying, I really mean it when I aid I'm going to get him to read this. The funny thing is I feel I will be punished in some way for making him feel bad or like a bad dad. By punished I mean told he is never picking him up or dropping him off which may sound like a blessing and would ultimately let me relax knowing my son is safe would also put me in a tight situation as he would get dropped off early and picked up late, which is time he could spend with his dad.

Anyway enough rambling from me, I really appreciate your replies.
    I don't doubt that your dh loves your son ... But there are much better ways to be fun dad then put your ds life at risk ... Tell him to have a stash of Lollies in the car - what 2yo wouldn't love going In dads car of there is a lolly involved!!!

As for his comment that he drives slow and doesn't see other cars ... What if an animal or child runs on the road and he swerves and hits a parked car, ligt pole etc ... An adult seatbelt will not restrain achild at all.

When my bro was a baby ... There was no such thing as baby restraints so she used to just up the bassinette on the back seat ... One day she had to brake sharply and he bassinette rolled so he landed on the floor ... She went straight to a friends house whose hubby set up a restraint system so it was safer. So yes the "good old days" ... But remember there is a lot more cars on the road, more high powered ... It's not a matter of we survived ... Things were different.

This is horrible I hope you get this sorted

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH said "what an beeping idiot" DH had a top of the line ute with all the trimmings DSD was about 3 when he got the car, she was able to ride in it because one he had the correct child restraints fitted and two he asked them to remove the air bag.

With the attitude he us displaying to you ATM he would now be an X if it was my husband, how utterly disrespectful to you and also to his DS, no way no how would he ever be allowed to drive my DS anywhere.

If he is not going to think of his family I'm sure then these two stories will not effect him but I was a firefighter and responded to many accidents, two separate accidents both children were not properly restrained, one child was found stuck under the drivers seat and had the be cut out and air lifted, the other child was in a very serious condition when I was attended to her, it took all my might not to slap some sense into those parents, those accidents still haunt me to this day, the effect is not only for the people involved but those emergency personal who see such sights on a daily basis.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cluky79 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i don't understand a father not seeing his child as the most precious thing in the world. thats not a father in my eyes nor is he a man in my eyes he he is far from someone i would want to be either let alone want my child to be with. as a mother i could not ever let this happen again to my child he can't be trusted to look after him.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub