+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default what age for a trampoline?

Dh wants to get DS a trampoline for xmas but i think hes too young (will be 21 months). he's thinking he will be on it with him. i thought we wouldnt get one until he is 3-4ish. i was thinking of getting one of those little ones that have a handle to hold while jumping.

so at what age did you get your kids trampolines? or at what age did they start playing on them?

also what it a good brand to get? ive heard that ones from target/big w/kmart only last a year or 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds got one with a handle at 20 ish months, he can't jump we'll enough to enjoy it without something to hold onto.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (25-06-2012)

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has the small one with the handle but it was only used for a few months before he started wanting to jump without holding on, and it was just too small to do that safely. He turns 2 this week and has safely jumped on a big tramp for about 3-4 months, but we will be waiting til Christmas to get one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to swizzlestick For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We bought DS a small one with a handle for his 2nd birthday a couple of weeks ago. He loves it. He can't jump yet do I'd be too scared about him on a big tramp. It was only $35ish so if it doesn't last longer than a year I won't care.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't think that's too young, trampolines are great for balance and coordination. All ours have bounced from an early age

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (26-06-2012),Happy2be3  (26-06-2012),Mopoke  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got dd one for Xmas she would have been 19 months....she loves it, it's a 10ft one with the net. Zip her in and off she goes, I often pop her on it and hang the washing or sit down outside with a cuppa

11. The Following User Says Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    We used to take DS on the trampoline before he could walk and play with him on it, after he could walk I'd hold his hands and he would bounce, he even loved just walking on it sometimes. Now he is 2.5 and loves bouncing up one end and back. We always supervise so he is safe but I think big trampoline would be better than little. You will get much more use from it and he'll be safe as long as you supervise properly. It's great for balance too

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (26-06-2012)

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If it wasnt for teaching my dd (now 10) how to jump when she was 3, I dread to think where she would be at physically now. She has ataxic cp and had very very poor coordination in her hips and legs so we got her a trampoline to strengthen her lower body and it worked wonders.

I don't think it's too early.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YMo7 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (26-06-2012),Mopoke  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had the small one with handle when ds was 13 months. He bounced away confidently and loved it.
    He's now 2.5 and has been able to jump on a normal tramp for over a year now.

I do think it depends on your child and their abilities.
    But also remember they grow and get better at things so quickly. While your little one may not be ready right now, in a month or so he/she could be. And
    Xmas only comes around once a
    year. It might be better to get it before he's ready rather than wait til next year.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to themissingpiece For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We initally got our son his 13 foot one at age 4 for his birthday from big w and it is great. His little brother has been enjoying it on his own since he was 15 months but I held him and bounced since we got it when he was 10months and he laughed up a storm. It's a year old and is in great condition. I found most were weight rated to 100kg but the big w one was rated to 150kg so dad being around the 100 mark could still use it with both boys.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to natct For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (26-06-2012)