+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 book recommendations - which one to buy?

I'm interested in natural pregnancy/childbirth (first baby on the way) and have a few books already (Ina May's guide to childbirth, Joy of natural childbirth, Heart and Hands).. and have come across two more books that sound great but I would prefer to buy just one:

-Well Adjusted Babies by Jennifer Barham-Floreani
    or
    -The Complete Book of Pregnacy and Childbirth by Sheila Kitzinger

Can anyone recommend one over the other?

Thanks very much

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't heard of these books, but Kaz Cooks books are GREAT if you don't want tonnes of information just the important stuff!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rosengold111 For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (26-06-2012)

abiishu is offline embrace your inner birthing goddess
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilby88 View Post
    I'm interested in natural pregnancy/childbirth (first baby on the way) and have a few books already (Ina May's guide to childbirth, Joy of natural childbirth, Heart and Hands).. and have come across two more books that sound great but I would prefer to buy just one:

-Well Adjusted Babies by Jennifer Barham-Floreani
    or
    -The Complete Book of Pregnacy and Childbirth by Sheila Kitzinger

Can anyone recommend one over the other?

Thanks very much
    I have Well Adjusted Babies and i is a great book, covering pregnancy, birth and wholistic parenting.

Anything by Sheila Kitzinger is wonderful, but probably quite similar to Ina May Gaskin, so for variety I would probably suggest getting Well Adjusted Babies.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the second but Well Adjusted Babies is great, has a lot of unbiased, researched info on vaccinations, medications/pain relief, birthing plans etc etc. Also has great info for post-birth such as 'which foods when' and heaps of other great stuff. (I promise I am not part of their marketing!!) Doesn't have too much on pregnancy per se, as in what you'll feel month by month but has important nutrients and things to do in the 3rd tri that will help you have a great natural birth.
    hope that helps

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by abiishu View Post
    I have Well Adjusted Babies and i is a great book, covering pregnancy, birth and wholistic parenting.

Anything by Sheila Kitzinger is wonderful, but probably quite similar to Ina May Gaskin, so for variety I would probably suggest getting Well Adjusted Babies.

Best of luck!
    I agree with this, I haven't read well adjusted babies (I have flicked thrugh it) but I have the Ina may and sheila kitzinger one as well def go for WAB