+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you everyone for your input! It does make me feel better knowing that so many mothers out there have coped!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am there at the moment. I had DD and then DS was born when she was 20 months. I was freaking out that I wouldn't be able to do it. But I have done it. Something just kicks over in you and it becomes automatic.

DD is such a good help when it comes to DS. She will get me his clothes, nappies, cream all off her own accord because she loves being near him. She was a major Daddy's girl and wouldn't let me near her sometimes. She has been fantastic.

When I was pregnant, I made sure I was always excited when talking about "the baby" and she would hug and kiss my belly and talk to him all the time.

He also adores her and watches her every move.

DP works FIFO as well so that was scary. Knowing that at the end of the day, if I was buggered, I had no option but to just do it.

You will be fine. Ask anyone and everyone for help if you need it. No one will judge if you need it. I had an amazing friend who would cook me and DD dinner when she knew I'd had a bad day and I also asked her to do my washing a few times, or take the kids for 10 minutes so I could have a shower.

Similar Threads

1. Do you have easy babies, difficult babies or a mixture of both?
    By CuddlesAwait in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 31-10-2012, 10:44
  2. What age gap between babies?
    By webby in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 11:56