+ Reply to Thread

Default 9 year old licking her lips!!

Hi My DD9 licks her lips all the time, i think it may be an anxiety thing. But she is really obsessed with her vaseline she takes it everywhere!!. If she forgets it she goes nuts... I try to explain she can't have it forever she has to learn to stop doing it. And also her clothes has oily marks all over it... How do i teach her to stop being obsessed with it? and to stop licking her lips??

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this when I was about 9 or 10 it turned out it was a anxiety thing mixed with a self confidence thing. Theres a cream you can get on prescription to help with the sore a it tastes like crap she will stop licking. Mum also enrolled me in karate classes and modeling classes and drama to help my anxiety and self confidence. I do it now when I'm having a really bad day now I just have to talk my self out of the anxiety attack. Also maybe swap the vasaline for paw paw cream should stop the oily residue.

Similar Threads

1. Kissing kids on the lips - yes or no?
    By Von Zipper in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 14-05-2012, 21:12
  2. Licking lips
    By MsTruth in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 22:20
  3. DS Licking everything
    By queenslandgal in forum Discipline & behaviour
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-01-2012, 10:47