+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also google Southside Community Services as well (if you are not on the belconnen side of town), they have several centres around the area (one is for employees only DFAT-Currawong) Some lovely smaller centres as well as a larger one in the city. Do start ringing now and put your name down you can always take your name off when you visit if it doesnt feel right.

Also the other centres i can highly recommend are through Anglicare they have Calwell and Gordon Early childhood centres as well as Capital Hill (at parliment house for anyone who works in the buildig only)

Again depending on what side you live in a centre in Queanbeyan could also be an option, however i don't have any that i personally knwo about to recommend, but its another option

Good luck, Canberra is a gorgeous place and i hope you love it!

Check out Northside Community Service as they have a few centres, including one in the city and one very close to the city. My DS1 goes to Treehouse in the Park Turner which is run by Northside and he is very happy there. I had to ring monthly to let them know I was interested and by pure luck got a spot a month before I started back at work. I had his name down at three centres and only paid one waiting list fee of $10.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't have to pay any waiting list fees for the several we put DS name down for.

DH was offered a job today, seasonal bush fire prevention work starting in September, so we will need childcare from then!! Arghh!

I am going to have to ring around all the ones we are on the wait list for (again, as we've been doing it regularly anyway) and say look we really NEED the place now or he can't work! I'm a child protection social worker so they're both quite vital Government jobs, so maybe dropping that in will help?!?!?

Otherwise a colleague knows someone in Melba who does family day care, but is not registered so can't get any childcare benefit for it, and charges $40 a day. This might be a last resort until we can get a place later in the year if it's easier when other kids start leaving to go to school. Also, my mum is over from the UK for the whole of November so won't need any childcare then.

What a nightmare!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bondgirl - Majura? Do you mean Nipperville? My friend sends her daughter there and LOVES it. She's been to a few and she said that was one is awesome. I've been inside and it looked great. Only problem is it's one of the more expensive childcare centres... It's 100 a day from last I heard.