+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spitthedummy View Post
    For those who's waters broke in bed, how did your bed hold up? Lol I've got a new bed and I freaking out I'm going to ruin it if my waters break in it!!

Sent from my Racer using BubHub
    Hi I can't help directly as mine trickled and I was awake (thought I'd wee'd myself).

But from about 35 weeks I slept with a picnic rug under the fitted sheet. So the theory was the picnic rug has a plastic back, so the fluid wouldn't ruin my new, expensive (well for us it was), comfy mattress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In labour, in the bath at some point for me (didn't feel them go). Was 7cm when I hopped in so it was somewhere after that.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was watering the garden! Lol.

I was 41+4, had had a S&S at 3om that day, then went home and started dinner, a roast. So while taht was cooking I went out to water the plants. I couldn't be a**rsed dealing with the hose so I grabbed a dog bowl and started scooping from teh pond lol.

As I bent down to get my first scoop... *twang* I felt them go, they gushed like a big wee. I stood there for about 3 minutes just going omg ITS HAPPENING!!!!

Then I called DH, who said well done! Like I'd made a cake or something

4. The Following User Says Thank You to northern For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (26-06-2012)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spitthedummy View Post
    For those who's waters broke in bed, how did your bed hold up? Lol I've got a new bed and I freaking out I'm going to ruin it if my waters break in it!!

Sent from my Racer using BubHub
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Can you get a mattress protector? The one I bought was like afitted sheet, material over the top and rubber on the bottom. Then just make the bed as normal. Keeps the mattress nice.
    yup - we had one .. it has PVC on the back .. and terry type material on the top ... we have one on EVERY bed in the house ... I was sleeping on that .. but I had also put several towels on top

I am glad i did - because with DS1 the waters broke rather dramatically - you can get them just from Target ... well worth the money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    In bed in the middle of the night. The big gush woke me and boy did i move faster than ever before!
    The ob said that it is much more likely to happen when you are asleep/ lying down because when you are moving around upright the baby's head acts like a plug.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both mine were ARM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Picnic rug - what a great idea! Will be doing that next time I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What does ARM stand for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    5 times they were broken in labour by the midwives. Once they broke as I stood up off the loo at my pastors house. At least I didn't need to do a big clean up.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    What does ARM stand for?
    Artificially Ruptured Membranes. Means they were broken in hospital with what looks like a giant crochet hook rather than bursting/breaking spontaneously.