+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What were YOU doing when your waters broke???

So.... my Ob tells me that my waters could break any day now.
    i'm only 36 weeks but baby has been engaged (by 2cm) since 31 weeks and then even more (by 6cm) at 33 weeks. my next check up is tomorrow so i'll find out how much she's engaged even more (the max is 10cm - being their head size) but i know she's gone down even more cos i feel totally different. light in fact.

anyhow, i'm always having to take my other daughters to some classes during the week and i'm paranoid my waters will break while i'm not home. mainly cos they expect this labour to be less than 30MINS!!!!

so........ i'm just wondering, where were YOU and what were you doing when your waters broke??? and was it a gush or a trickle???

TIA!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was in labour both times. First time they broke when I was 7cm dilated(DS1 born 3hours later), second time they broke the push before DS2 came flying into the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing

I'm 36 + 5 weeks. Saw my OB today and he said I could go into labour any day now as well and like you im worried it will happen when im out!! I've been put on rest thou so going to try stay home as much as possible till my c-sect next tues.

Good luck with everything I hope you are at home when it happens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterbubs1012 For This Useful Post:

noopy  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was getting up off the couch to go and pee as i had the urge to pee. They broke as soon as i got up. Felt like i peed my pants. Was very quick between water breaking to DS being born.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD: laying on a hospital bed while they did ARM to try and induce labour, just a trickle until a few hours later they redid the ARM, then a huge gush.

DS1: laying on a hospital bed while the did ARM to "speed things up", a huge gush.

DS2: at home in the birth pool, while he was crowning, a huge gush.

DS3: at home standing at the kitchen bench while in labour, just a trickle with each contraction, then a gush while in transition when I was in the bath.

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was getting my epidural .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sleeping and it was a trickle but enough to make me get up and go to the toilet to check.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A few days ago I was driving home when they broke everywhere.. I still had 15 min drive to go so I had to try and stay calm and get home!!

Bubs was born soon after

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your quick replies!!!!

WINTERBUBS1012 - Good luck to you too!! and hopefully baby stays put for you until your c-section!!!!

KIPLUSTHREE - omg!!! i'm soooo paranoid that will happen to me!!!! cos pretty much, wherever my waters break, thats where i'll be having my baby!!!! (i reckon my labour will be less than 15 mins this time round.... !!!!) my last labour was 45mins from the time my waters broke til when DD2 was born. BUT.... that was only cos i was telling the mid-wife to call my Ob for 15 mins!!!!!! so really, it could have been less than 30 min labour!!!)
    Last edited by noopy; 25-06-2012 at 18:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got up to pee in the morning, went back to bed and realised I was leaking. Thought, well I've finally peed myself but realised it was my waters. I didn't go into labour for another 8 hours and DS was born that evening.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub