Hi lovely mummies/mummies to be!

I would like to offer my services to you lucky girls

I am studying to be a doula through childbirth international and need some wonderful women who would like the pleasure of my skills at the birth of their belly bump!

If you hadn't previously considered hiring a doula - this is the time to reassess because can you really resist such a good bargain? Studies have shown hiring a doula lowers the likelihood of basically every unwanted statistic related to birth - including shortening labour time and reducing the likelihood of having an emergency c/s!

A little bit about me: I've given birth to two oversized posterior baby boys. My first birth had almost every intervention under the sun - but I walked out of the delivery suite feeling completely empowered and in awe of my body. I had wonderful supports in the delivery suite and was in a really good mental space that made me proud of what I had achieved. My second birth, I had an 'easy' birth - but I felt anxious, out of control and unsupported. I was in the wrong head space with midwives that didn't meet my needs- I felt none of the powerful feelings of empowerment and awe that I had felt the first time.

Fast forward: I've realised how important it is to have the right people around you during your pregnancy and when giving birth. How you feel afterwards isn't necessarily related to things going to plan - but how you perceive your treatment, support and control over the circumstances.

I am passionate to help others to try to achieve the birth they want. I want to help women feel empowered and in awe even if things don't go according to plan.

I may be new at being a doula - but (although I am currently non-practising) I have worked as a psychologist and/or counsellor since 2003. I am well trainined in relaxation and helping others manage their anxiety, thoughts and stress.

I'd love to hear all about you and your pregnancy! Please feel free to PM me.