+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had so much support from the ladies in our original IVF group from 3 years ago, and have been lucky enough to meet several IRL. We've done secret Santas for each other, I've had books sent to me, and our one US-based member flew all the way here to meet us, and have us each a silver heart necklaces to represent our shared connection and experiences.

I couldn't have got through 6 unsuccessful IVF cycles and a miscarriage last year without them!!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    One (ex) hubber gave me a job (babysitting/nannying) when I had to leave my parents and was only working my other job casually, so I could afford to pay rent.

I visited one when I went to Adelaide and she cooked me a lovely meal and let me stay the night

One hubber watches the road for me when it's raining so I know what the traffic is going to be like on my way home thank you, NancyBlackett!!

And so many others have been my rock during a recent crisis - delirium, Benji, Gandalf especially. <3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have met 3 in real life. One has helped a friend of mine by giving her cloth nappies after her son and her got kicked out of her housewith just the clothes on her back. She has done a lot for me too.

There have been 2 ladies who have shown an huge amount of generosity when I was going through 2 financial rough spots and I have paid forth their generosity since then.
    One lady sent a huge box with secondhand toys to give to DS for his Christmas and birthday and another lady sent a voucher for the same reason.

I have handed down those toys that DS didn't play with anymore, to disadvantaged parents and kids within my UnitingCare Burnside playgroup.
    I have offered the other hubber to pay back the voucher, now that I have my money back, but also offered to make her one of my special custom hand made items instead.
    She chose the handmade item, so I am waiting for someone to finish some embroidery for me and she'll be having it in the mail by next week I hope

So yes, there are some amazing people here
    However, I have helped out some hubbers as well. It's an amazing forum where we can give and receive and enjoy this special connection we have through our kids. All without judgement as well.
    Those who judge, get ignored. Lucky they are very much outnumbered by those who do not judge.....

So yes, BH has been a lifesaver for me at times. I have had a few problems before and have stayed away from BH for a few months as it is good to have a break every now and then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One awesome hubber who was a stranger at the time invited me for coffee and gave me the most energising hug I have ever received. Sounds kind of odd but I was having a terrible time and she gave me a burst of energy that took away some terrible thoughts I was having. If you're reading this *chick* you're amazing!

I think being on here has reminded me of the sisterhood that I used to have and now I have made the effort to reconnect with strong, supportive women IRL. Thanks to all you fantastic ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A few hubbers were my support network during my PND journey. They were so kind, loving, supportive and beautiful. They have never judged me (openly lol) and they've helped me through sooo much. They've picked me up on my darkest days and have cheered me on.
    Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. Love these ladies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Naww I can't really think of anything out there that's been done for me by a hubber, but I've done plenty for other hubbers and will continue to do so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    One member who is not a very active member was my absolute and complete inspiration for my VBA2C. She was so supportive and encouraging. We both ended up having one at the same hospital and I just adore her.

PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got what seems to be a lifetime of support from a group of about 10 women from our 'due in' group. November 2008 was the month to be due in!! Most of us still interaction on a regular basis on FB and we've been able to watch our embies grow into babies and now they're just about off to school.

I never thought I'd walk from an online forum with such groovy supportive chicks as friends forever..