+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't know any hubbers in real life, but the support on here has been wonderful. The ladies in the IVF/ TTC threads are great, and in all threads people have helped me with problems/ questions I've had, and also helped me to see a different viewpoint/ understand new ways of thinking. I've also had some lovely PMs that have helped me when I've been down, and brightened my day.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I started a thread once asking for advice on pregnancy tummy support belts; a beautiful Hubber offered me hers and even refused postage.

It is now sitting in my wardrobe, waiting for an opportunity for me to pay it forward .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (25-06-2012),faroutbrusselsprout  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've met some awesome (virtual) hubbers who crack me up every single day! If it wasn't for their little snippets of hilarity, my day would be dull indeed. And they are wonderfully supportive. And can take a joke...very well.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (25-06-2012),faroutbrusselsprout  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had some lovely hubbers giving me tips on gluten/lactose free cake cooking :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just one person:

- Helped me out when I locked myself out of my house.
    - Listens to me complain a lot.
    - Caught a bus to the hospital, to catch a bus home with me after having my IUD inserted.
    - Visited me in hospital with loads of lollies, chocolate and a pot plant.
    - Bought me flight club for my birthday because I hadn't seen it.
    - Drank a lot of wine with me.
    - Done loads of little thing

...so yeah, she is pretty awesome and I am grateful to know her...If I was to move back to the other place I lived, her and her family would be in the top 10 reasons to move back because we miss them so much. (And if she is reading this... creepy much?)

Others have sent me lovely PM's and generally just been lovely friends over the last few years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubbers have done everything for me (although more on FB)..right now I am wearing a hairclip a hubber made, my dd has a hubber-made skirt on carrying around a bag that was made by another hubber. But they're not hubbers, they're my friends.
    Best thing they do though is ignore my drunken rants after I've had a few too many.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubmum For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I haven't met any hubbers irl, I've virtually 'met' some lovely people here.

Some have been so lovely and supportive; sending PMs and replying to my threads in my times of need

One in particular has been especially wonderful. This hubber is a whole new brand of stubborn, and refused to take no for an answer when I wanted to maintain my anonymity and thus declined to befriend on fb. Next thing I knew, I'd been set up with my very own BH Facebook profile with a shiny new alter ego so I could connect with those I wanted to on fb, while still feeling safe.

To top it off, this hubber then became a source of unwavering support whenever I have a crisis (which is unusually often, these days). I luffs you, favourite hubber!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shoop, I think we might share a favourite hubber

So many times of being kind for no reason, and always at the right time. This person was the first to break my anonymity too. Even when struggling themselves.

Also a couple of lovely pm's sent by different hubbers over the years have also made my day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    awww lovely girls

I can't forget my ttc after m/c group too. Without them I think i would have lost the plot by now. Thanks girls for letting me whinge and complain and just understanding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have met so many lovely ladies on here and am now friends with many on fb.

They have all been especially supportive recently through my mc and emotional support issues with my DH.

I really hope to stay in contact with these women in the future and share our ttc and parenting journeys.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub