+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    my uncles ex moved interstate with their child and he protested the move but she was able to but I think in the end there were conditions regarding her covering (part?) of the expense him seeing her.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanna View Post
    I believe as long as its not interstate as far as you like
    Umm... I live on the Gold Coast- technically on the Qld side of the NSW/Qld border- Melbourne which is 2 states away is actually closer than towns like Cairns also located in Qld.

I moved 60km away from my ex & he unsuccessfully sought relocation as he's lost his drivers licence for 4 years. He lives right near the train line between my place & his and is only seeking weekend visits so the Federal Magistrate told him to catch the train- I have to meet him at the train station near my place for dropoff and then I have to drive to his house for pickups.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Has to be in the same state. I no this as we have recently (this yr) gone thro this. If you move to another state you will get a court order to come back if the dad wants you to. If you ignore the order police come and take your kids and put them in the fathers care and you can get arrested. This is what my lawyer and the judge told me when I was ordered to move back to qld when I left DP. Even tho at the time he was abusive ( his now changed coz my leaving him shocked him so bady)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he doesnt want you to move then i dont think its too far at all. I cant remember the exact distance but i know that i am stuck in my current town for years and years.

It is law that you also have to notify that other parent if you take the child 100 or 200klms away even if its for an outing or 2 day trip on your visit times. (Ex looked up all the laws and bought all this up at our mediation)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was not going to reply in this thread as I have sworn off commenting on legal matters lol but you seriously need to get some legal advice as some (not all but a lot of it) of the information you have been given (with good intentions) is wrong.

If you cannot afford a private solicitor go and see someone at a community legal centre in your area or contact legal aid.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (29-06-2012),MummysYellowCar  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    I was not going to reply in this thread as I have sworn off commenting on legal matters lol but you seriously need to get some legal advice as some (not all but a lot of it) of the information you have been given (with good intentions) is wrong.

If you cannot afford a private solicitor go and see someone at a community legal centre in your area or contact legal aid.
    I agree! Best suggestion is speak with a lawyer about the specifics of your situation. Might save some stress & expense in the long run.