+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default another whining pregnant woman

im 14 weeks pregnant in a few days and have had probably the worst lingering headache all weekend and it's still there. Last night it was so sharp and painful it woke me up. I was in a hot sweat and my heart was racing! Panadol doesnt do a thing to relieve it. Im keeping my fluids up and eating regularly.

Im so unmotivated and lazy atm. the thought of having to go out makes me feel sick. I dont get into have a shower untill midday and thats only because i go back to bed when i put dd down for her morning nap.
    I wish i could stay in my pj's all day, my normal clothes are tight around my boobs because they have trippled in the past couple weeks and are that freaking sore. I feel really slack and im really not giving a rats about how i look and it's kinda depressing, really.
    I not usually the type to be like this, im strugging with having to slow down because im pregnant, sore and tired. My sense of self worth atm has gone down alot. i just dont care about much. Im just so tired to care. I thought the tiredness left me back at 9 weeks, but it's all returned - the queeziness, headaches, fatigue, aches. DH dosnt get it, he's always telling me to get over it.

Is it ok to be feeling so crappy that u just slob around all day because thats all you have the energy to do?
    I never remember dd putting this much strain on me this early on in pregnancy. I cant even blame having a toddler is extra hard because it's not for me atm. DD is fantastic and is no hastle whatso ever.

I wish this headache would go away!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    I loved being pregnant with dd but this time round, it's really taking it's toll and im only 1/3 of the way thru it :\

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel your pain to an extent (I don't have a toddler so I can't imagine how hard that is).
    But I am hating being pregnant (I started a whinge thread like this when I was about 8 weeks!!) I'm 18 weeks now but still hate it.
    Last school holidays I literally lay on the couch all day every day. A couple of days there I don't think I managed a shower til 5pm or later!! I just felt awful.
    It's letting up now but still lingers.
    I just wanted to say I feel your pain. Pregnancy is really hard sometimes!!! Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh and I've had terrible terrible headaches. A couple of days there I was flat on my back with a migraine that only panadiene touched but didn't take away.
    I felt awful. I get a headache nearly every day!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get some paracetamol and coedine, perfectly safe during pregnancy and that's what I take as I have always had frequent bad headaches and migraines even when I am not utd.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ally3012 For This Useful Post:

fichicken  (25-06-2012),Hunkamunka  (25-06-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I felt uber tired, crap and unmotivated until last week which was week 15, i seem to have gotten my energy back now (to an extent) my headaches have lessened as well, hopefully things will start to pick up for you, most women do get an energy boost in the second trimester (Tam - eeep maybe you're an exception?)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (25-06-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i feel like that now, and im just over 5 weeks. i have 2 little ones to look after, if i was you ild just relax a bit then maybe do stuff later if you need to

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ally3012 View Post
    Get some paracetamol and coedine, perfectly safe during pregnancy and that's what I take as I have always had frequent bad headaches and migraines even when I am not utd.
    Thanks for this info i thought codine was a no no

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt fine other than a bit of morning sickness until about 10 weeks and then the fatigue kicked in OMG!!!! I had to reduce my working hours thankfully I worked late afternoon/nights and it would take nearly all day to get the energy to get out of bed shower and get dressed. I have a 3yo as well who got used to snuggling in ed with mummy, watching a movie and bringing her toys to mummy's room to play bless her. I was soooo glad when things startedto even out at about 20ish weeks. I'm now 37 weeks and just want my baby!!!!! She's wiggling up a storm at the moment!!

I do empathize but chin up there is every chance that in your 2nd trimester you won't know yourself and things will improve heaps.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nelle7250 For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support girls. I just need to get ontop of this headache and then i can work on my motivation....maybe.
    I really want to start my book (50 shades of grey) but this headache is ruining everything!!!!!!!!!! i will give the codine a go seeing as it's safe

I was working when i was pregnant with DD - i was a nanny for 4 kids under 4 (yes on the same days 7am-5pm) and only one of them was having a nap during the day. I dont even remember struggling! ....must be a boy this time LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    I felt uber tired, crap and unmotivated until last week which was week 15, i seem to have gotten my energy back now (to an extent) my headaches have lessened as well, hopefully things will start to pick up for you, most women do get an energy boost in the second trimester (Tam - eeep maybe you're an exception?)
    I probably do have more energy than early on but still feel so tired!! Probably more due to end of term at school (teacher) and start if holidays! When I'm not utd I usually spend first week of holidays snoozing and napping on couch.
    But I am better than I was on first trimester. There was an entire month there when I didn't cook one meal!!!!