+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy 5 1/2month old waking every hour or so though night

hi i have a 5 1/2 month old waking every hour or so though night we do get a couple 2 hour spots in middle but lots of 1 hours

he is sleeping better during the day of late, we had issues early on so had a sleep lady come out to the house to help with day times.

But now im just getting over lack of sleep i have just gone back to work only 3 days he loves childcare and sleeps well there

i put him to sleep just after 615 each night after a bath and food. He gos down well but then wakes each hour after just for a bit of boob comfort then gos back to sleep. i have worked out he really is only having a full drink every 3 hours.
    i have been trying leaving him for a bit longer see if he settles him self that didn't work he work up to much and screamed the house down
    try the putting him on the boob for minute the popping a dummy in worked a couple of times, not now but he has never really liked the dummy.
    tried a rocking him like we used to during the day nope screaming
    now been trying to fill him up with lots of food and milk he had over 200ml of bottle (lots for him) and about 2+ tbs of pumpkin still no luck

he used to sleep 6 hours first off till about 3 months or so i think my brain doesn't no time much

we have been to natropath who says he has local anasetic in him so we have drops to give him, that's what she thinks is the prob but its been 3 weeks on drops still no change. She also says he has no alergis

we go to the ciro who is giving him laser like acupuncher (sorry bad spelling) witch he thinks that should help it was a bit not so much now and helping with flat spot on head its popping out almost normal

im really thinking of sleep school next

does any one else have any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Silly question but could he be cold?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Silly question but could he be cold?
    Was just going to suggest this too? Or hot? I always get it wrong this time of year. Is he teething? He may also be having a growth spurt? If he is feeding frequently I second the refulx/overfeeding suggestion. After 2 babies with reflux nights were always worse when I tried filling them up. You could try elevating the cot/mattress a little?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What sleeps is he having during the day? 6.15 is early for bed, is he showing tired signs then? Also, what is he having to eat during the day? At 5.5 months my DS suddenly got really hungry and needed to increase his solids.
    Any other signs it could be teething?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe bubs needs some more mummy time. It's a big change for both you and him. Was he in childcare before you went back to work? hope he improves soon. It's hard work working on no sleep!