+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unusual skin rash.

Hi
    Yesterday and today I've had strange skin rashes. Yesterday it happened at work where I couldn't stop scratching and it got incredibly hot. So I took an antihistamine and it relieved the itchiness and redness. About eight hours later the rash returned but it different places so I took another antihistamine.
    Woke up this morning and no sign. I've gone to a baby shower this afternoon and I've come home, had dinner and sat down to relax. Started to feel sore on my body and the rash has returned.
    Has anyone had a similar rash? Picture attached. ImageUploadedByBub Hub1340542114.629902.jpg

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first thought is hives. Are you allergic to anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only latex. And I get hay fever. I read a colonoscopy a week a go to check for inflammation of the bowels. So I may have intolerances to some foods. I haven't had a rash like this before. At work it circulated around the upper torso now it's all over the torso and starting to begin on my legs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Looks like urticaria which makes sense that anti histamine helped.
    Sometimes it can be a reaction to a food but in a spot like that I would think washing powder or new clothes.
    Sometimes you can get idiopathic urticaria - basically who knows why you get it but you do and it can last up to a week. It is quite common to get about a week post a viral illness.
    Regular antihistamines for a couple of days won't do any harm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh that makes sense. I'll have to go to chemist tomorrow to get some more. Thanks for the replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm allergic to latex as well just a thought does your bra have those plastic bits on it they actually contain latex so could be from that...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a look at the bra and it doesn't look like there's any rubber bits. The material is polyester/ elastene. I think.