+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    i fully sympathise with you. it sounds like you are having a hard time. I caught my MIL out in a lie but she doesnt know that i know. I have found when you suspect an IL lies or betrays your trust and you finally catch them out with solid proof (whether they know you know or not), it is sooo hard to recover from that. the trust you had is gone. Personally, I have decided in my own situation, and I think you should do the same, is to allow supervised day visits. In time, if she can earn your trust you could start with unsupervised short visits. ur DP will be really torn but ultimately will side with the health and safety of his family.I'm sure she will learn a valuable lesson. She had her kids and did things her way, now its time for her to let her kids do things their way. I'm sure she now knows thatif she doesn't, she risks losing them permanantly.

good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think having visits at your house are the best idea for now.
    Also if she gets too annoying/*****y for you just make up some random errand that you forgot about and go for a drive. You dont need to put up with that crap.

I think you and your husband have handled this really well. Good luck with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Only thing with visits at DOTF house is she can't really "oh, gee look at the time. We'd better dash" lol. I find it's much more difficult to end a get together when the person comes to your house. At least if MIL gets too much to handle they could always bolt at her house.

I don't think she should have to see her at all TBH it's up to DP I reckons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Only thing with visits at DOTF house is she can't really "oh, gee look at the time. We'd better dash" lol. I find it's much more difficult to end a get together when the person comes to your house. At least if MIL gets too much to handle they could always bolt at her house.

I don't think she should have to see her at all TBH it's up to DP I reckons.
    While you are right about having issues getting her to leave. The other issue would be MIL's dog. Which they have already had issues with and the MIL has ignored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amira View Post
    While you are right about having issues getting her to leave. The other issue would be MIL's dog. Which they have already had issues with and the MIL has ignored.
    Yep, but again if the dog comes out they can leave. I don't think I'd want somebody so negative at my place if that makes sense. MIL is so judgemental of the OP I wouldn't be surprised if she uses it against her again - i.e. "oh their house is so [insert judgement here] she's obviously [insert something rude here]"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats a really good point. I think the best option is meeting in a public place like a park

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good call! Then she can still *yawwwnnn* "oh wow it's getting late, better run!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we have finally figured it out!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amira For This Useful Post:

Benji  (25-06-2012)

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You two are both adorable <3

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaughteroftheForest For This Useful Post:

Amira  (25-06-2012),Benji  (25-06-2012)